ABOVE IMAGE: Martin Sheen, of former “West Wing” fame, carrying the liberal torch forward, albeit in this case, misguidedly.
The Liberal class in Revolt
MOON OF ALABAMA
Dateline 12.15.16 | The “Elite” Coup Of 2016
- There is an “elite” coup attempt underway against the U.S. President-elect Trump.
- The coup is orchestrated by the camp of Hillary Clinton in association with the CIA and neoconservative powers in Congress.
- The plan is to use the CIA’s “Russia made Trump the winner” nonsense to swing the electoral college against him. The case would then be bumped up to Congress. Major neocon and warmonger parts of the Republicans could then move the presidency to Clinton or, if that fails, put Trump’s vice president-elect Mike Pence onto the throne. The regular bipartisan war business, which a Trump presidency threatens to interrupt, could continue.
- Should the coup succeed violent insurrections in the United States are likely to ensue with unpredictable consequences.
The above theses are thus far only a general outlay. No general plan has been published. The scheme though is pretty obvious by now. However, the following contains some speculation.
The priority aim is to deny Trump the presidency. He is too independent and a danger for several power centers within the ruling U.S. power circles. The selection of Tillerson as new Secretary of State only reinforces this (Prediction: Bolton will not get the Deputy position.) Tillerson is for profitable stability, not for regime change adventures. The institutional Trump enemies are:
- The CIA which has become the Central Assassination Agency under the Bush and Obama administrations. Huge parts of its budgets depend on a continuation of the war on Syria and the drone assassination campaigns in Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere. Trump’s more isolationist policies would likely end these campaigns and the related budget troughs.
- The weapons industry which could lose its enormous sales to its major customers in the Persian Gulf should a President Trump reduce U.S. interference in the Middle East and elsewhere.
- The neoconservatives and Likudniks who want the U.S. as Israel’s weapon to strong arm the Middle East to the Zionists’ benefit.
- The general war hawks, military and “humanitarian interventionists” to whom any reduction of the U.S. role as primary power in the world is anathema to their believes.
The current CIA director Brennan, a leading figure of the CIA torture program and Obama consigliere, is in the Clinton/anti-Trump camp. The former CIA heads Hayden and Panetta are public Clinton supporters as is torturer king and former CIA deputy director Michael Morell.
It is thereby no wonder that the CIA is leading the anti-Russian campaign. Its task now is to implant the idea in the U.S. public that Russian intervention skewed the U.S. election towards Trump. The purpose is the delegitimization of the Trump victory in the eyes of the media and public but even more so in the eyes of the electors within the electoral college.
Moon of Alabama is not alone in seeing and sounding the alarm on this sordid development, which, incidentally, seeks to mobilize tons of “useful idiots” among the effectively leaderless Democrats (an effort spearheaded by the mainstream media, and scores of pseudo-left organizations like MoveOn, DailyKos, Avaaz, etc., and the always on tap phalanx of Hollywood harebrained celebs, about which more below), all of this to facilitate the desired outcome, the pre-emptive removal of Donald Trump, marked as a likely “disruptive” leader in the affairs of the global hegemonic empire.
MoA’s crisp analysis is endorsed by Global Research, OpedNews, SOTT, and The Greanville Post, among other leading American dissident sites. A noteworthy (and unexpected) addition to this honorable roll is Mark Bruzonzky, whose criticism of the media-fabricated furor over a putative “Russian hacking” of the US elections, and now Moscow’s supposed attack on the Pentagon machine itself, is clear and spot on in the following commentary:
And now this:
The liberaloid infotainment complex weighs in with their own broadside
Using political dilettantes like Martin Sheen and a coterie of similarly misguided Hollywood celebs, the pro-Clinton infotainment component of the more dangerous warmongering wing of the ruling class (comprising the CIA and the Wall Street/”Defense” industries sector, folks who have a stake in the perpetration of endless wars), is now putting additional pressure on the electors to vote against Trump, or, at the very least, shame him away from his policy of detente with Russia. It’s all part of the multilevel “coup” examined in this dossier.
It’s obvious that these pampered celebrities, who, as mainstream liberals are by definition captives of the half-ass, extremely biased version of reality peddled by the liberaloid “news media”, scarcely grasp the actual implications of their role in this drama. Fixated on the threat represented by Trump, they are in effect opening the door to a putsch and possibly even worse unconstitutional chaos in America, or, to a return of the nation to the ill-deserving hands of an utterly corrupt Democratic party establishment. In their panic, these celebrities are playing with fire, and ensuring the perpetuation of the Duopoly scam, which has brought America and the world to this sorry pass.
If these people (1) were to read or watch radical media instead of the diet of bullshit nonsense they stubbornly consume via CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, John Oliver, Bill Maher and the rest of that ilk, and if they were a bit more conscious of what is at stake, they would have mobilized a long time ago to block Obama’s criminal wars and numerous betrayals at home, and help create a true oppositional party in the United States. But of course, that would have required them to think like radicals, stop fawning on Obama and his empty symbolism, and not be self-impressed, complacent liberals, which is what they are and will remain to the bitter end.—PG
MSM Create #Fakenews Storm As Rebel Aleppo Vanishes
By Moon of Alabama
I have not ever experienced a #fakenews onslaught as today. Every mainstream media and agency seems to have lost all inhibitions and is reporting any rumor claim regarding the liberation of east-Aleppo as fact.
Consider this BBC headline and opener:
Syrian pro-government forces have been entering homes in eastern Aleppo and killing those inside, including women and children, the UN says.The UN’s human rights office said it had reliable evidence that in four areas 82 civilians were shot on sight.
1. A UN human rights office does not exists. What the BBC means is the Office of the U.N. High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR). That commissioner is the Jordanian Prince Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, a Hashemite educated in the UK and U.S. and a relative of the Jordanian dictator king. That is relevant to note as Jordan is heavily involved in the supporting the “rebels” against the Syrian government.
2. The office has not “said” that “82 civilians were shot” or other such gruesome stuff. It said that there were “sources” that have “reports” that such happened. From its press statement today:
Multiple sources have reports that tens of civilians were shot dead yesterday in al-Ahrar Square in al-Kallaseh neighbourhood, and also in Bustan al-Qasr, by Government forces and their allies, including allegedly the Iraqi al-Nujabaa armed group.
The OHCHR claiming that “multiple sources have reports” of XYZ, without revealing neither the “sources” nor the provenance of the alleged “reports” of XYZ, certainly does not translate into “The UN said XYZ happened.”
I find it irresponsible that the OHCHR even mentions such unverified stuff in its press conferences. But it is even more irresponsible that the BBC then uses a “UN says …” headline and intro about such rumors especially without any further qualification in the rest of its “reporting”.
There is also this recent report that cats were killed in Aleppo.
#BREAKING – Activists: All residents and guests of last cat shelter in Aleppo killed in Hezbollah gas attack.
The spokesman of the OHCHR has been notified of the above report. We are now awaiting the BBC headline: “UN says Hezbollah gassed last cats in Aleppo”. (Some readers promptly pointed out the sheer improbability of these images, as they show what seems like a mountain lion or big cat lying alongside the carcass of a kitty, and resting on ground that shows snow—in Aleppo???)
The BBC is not the only #fakenews outlet in this. Indeed it seems that news agencies seek “safety in the pack” by all reporting the same nonsense through each and every channel.
- Reuters – Aleppo could fall ‘at any moment’, U.N. reports civilians killed
- AFP – Syria forces kill at least 82 Aleppo civilians in recent days: UN
- AP – UN agency says dozens of children trapped in building under fire in Syria’s Aleppo
Again – the UN only says that it knows of such reports. It does not verify or vouches for these. Still the usual “humanitarian” influence operations, like Amnesty International, then join in on the “UN Says …” falsehoods. Thousands of news outlets and websites copy from the fake agency reports and “humanitarian” outlets and try to sensationalize their take even further. Its a total disinformation mess.
But there are also the wonders of Aleppo.
Syria Roundup: Government Liberates Aleppo – In Revenge(?) ISIS Retakes Palmyra
By Moon of AlabamaThe assault by Syrian government forces and its allies on Takfiri forces in east-Aleppo continues. Yesterday the heavily fortified Sheikh Saeed quarter was taken in addition to Karam Da`da`, Ferdous, Bab al Maqam and Jallum. The al-Qaeda led terrorists are down to some 5 square kilometer, five city quarters, roughly 2% of the area they held when the siege on them started. They may give up today or tomorrow. Huge amounts of foreign ammunition, food and medicines were found in the quarters the Takfiris retreated from.
The U.S. has given up on any relief mission for them. U.S. Secretary of State Kerry is down to begging the Russians to let some of his friends escape: Kerry urges Russia to ‘show a little grace’ and allow Aleppo evacuation.
Winning back the economic capital of the country, a city which the Turkish wannabe-Sultan Erdogan wanted to capture and incorporate into his neo-Ottoman empire, is the biggest victory the Syrian government achieved in this war. The whole area retaken in and around Aleppo is some 18,000 square kilometers – that is a larger area than the whole countries of Qatar or Lebanon.
There were discussions between Syria and its allies from Russia, Iran and Lebanon on how to proceed from here. It was decided to set a priority in the west towards the al-Qaeda occupied Idleb instead of the mostly ISIS occupied east-Syria. A two front war in the west and east would be too risky and require additional forces that are not (yet) available. Two reasons for this decision are the economic importance of Idleb governate and the continuity of the government held western part of “useful Syria”. There are other forces, Turkish, Kurdish and some Arab U.S. proxies, that have declared war on ISIS and shall bleed to eradicate it in the east.
What Are The Hearsay Leaks About “Russian Election Hacking” Attempting To Achieve?
By Moon of Alabama
UPDATE: Dec 11 1:00am EST
Yesterday I noted below:
[T]he FBI also disagrees with at least parts of the alleged CIA conclusion … That is important because the FBI, not the CIA, is responsible to investigate cyber related crimes within the U.S.
The Washington Post, which yesterday claimed a united view of the relevant agencies with only “minor disagreements”, today caught up with Moon of Alabama. The headline:
The FBI official’s remarks to the lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee were, in comparison, “fuzzy” and “ambiguous,” suggesting to those in the room that the bureau and the [Central Intelligence A]gency weren’t on the same page, the official said.
WaPo still asserts that it was a “Russian hack” from which the election relevant emails and other papers leaked. No evidence, none at all, has been presented to support that claim. Former UK Ambassador Craig Murray also strongly disagreeswith the CIA claims:
As Julian Assange has made crystal clear, the leaks did not come from the Russians. As I have explained countless times, they are not hacks, they are insider leaks – there is a major difference between the two.
Murray claims to know the leaker, an insider person, and asks why the CIA and FBI, who claim to know the person related to Russia who leaked the papers, have then not arrested him or her.
The White House ordered on Friday a full review if and/or how Russia somehow intervened inappropriately in the U.S. election. It is unclear if and how much of such an review, to be produced by January 20, would be made public.
A few hours later senior members of Congress, aka “U.S. officials”, leaked to the Washington Post and the New York Times about the alleged content of a CIA assessment that, they claim, says that the Russian government through some third party hacked the Democratic National Committee and maybe also the Republican committee and officials and leaked some of the hacked stuff to Wikileaks and others.
The real claims of the CIA assessment are not known. Neither is any evidence known on which an assessment is based on. All claims about the alleged CIA report WaPo and NYT report on are hearsay – unverified whisper by anonymous people. Some within the CIA seem to disagree with at least parts of the assessment. WaPo writes:
A senior U.S. official said there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered.
According to someone talking to the NYT the FBI also disagrees with at least parts of the alleged CIA conclusion:
One senior government official, who had been briefed on an F.B.I. investigation into the matter, said that while there were attempts to penetrate the Republican committee’s systems, they were not successful.
That is important because the FBI, not the CIA, is responsible to investigate cyber related crimes within the U.S. .
Glenn Greenwald and Mary Wheeler have written good pieces on these leaks from the CIA: Anonymous Leaks to the WashPost About the CIA’s Russia Beliefs Are No Substitute for Evidence and Unpacking the New CIA Leak: Don’t Ignore the Aluminum Tube Footnote. I have little to add to their writing. They note that the CIA and its former and current leaders are known to be very much on the Clinton side while the FBI is more neutral if not even Trump orientated.
When the head of the Intelligence Community James Clapper made a statement about the alleged Russian hacks some took that as confirmation that such hacks had actually happened. But Clapper’s statement used many weasel words and may have actually said the opposite (see his statement and my translation at the end of this piece). He explicitly made no attribution for any of the potential hacks.
It was the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that tried to hack the election systems of the state of Georgia. How do we know it was not them hacking and leaking the DNC papers?
One minor reason for the leaks now may be that “the Russians did it” exculpates Clinton from being a lousy candidate running a lousy campaign.
But one can think of three bigger reasons why these leaks about the CIA assessment are now happening:
- To preempt the results of the official investigation Obama has now ordered. Any diversion of the official results from the alleged CIA assessment results will need extensive public explanation.
- To swing the electoral college to vote for Clinton instead of Trump. This would be unprecedented and a coup contradicting the will of the voters. It would lead to political chaos and more. But many Clinton partisans are pressing in that direction and such a dirty business would not be out of character for Hillary Clinton.
- Even if neither 1 nor 2 can be achieved the propaganda effect of these leaks will be to dampen any movement of a Trump administration towards more friendly relations with Russia. Any such move by Trump will be responded with a chorus “but Russia hacked our election” even though there has been zero evidence or proof produced that such was indeed the case.
In response to the leaks Trump pointed out that the CIA lied about WMDs in Iraq. That is a decisive point. Indeed the CIA lied about lots of stuff over the years and one must assume that anything that is following a “the CIA says” introduction is a lie or at least an obfuscation.
The true danger, in my view, lies in possible reason 2 for the leaks. If enough delegates in the electoral college can somehow be bribed or otherwise convinced to flip towards electing Clinton we will see violent riots in the streets of many U.S. cities. What would follow thereafter is unpredictable.
FOLLOW MOON OF ALABAMA REPORTS
This dossier was prepared by The Greanville Post.
(1) This new celebrity PSA is calling on the Electoral College not to vote for Donald Trump. Put out by United for America, the commercial entitled “A Message for Electors to Unite For America,” features Martin Sheen, Debra Messing, James Cromwell, BD Wong, Noah Wyle, Freda Payne, Bob Odenkirk, J. Smith Cameron, Michael Urie, Moby, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit, Richard Schiff, Christine Lahti, Steven Pasquale, Dominic Fumusa, Emily Tyra, Talia Balsam, etc. It should be noted that some of these folks are left-liberals (i.e., Mike Farrell), representing the outer boundary of left thinking among liberals.
Note to Commenters
Due to severe hacking attacks in the recent past that brought our site down for up to 11 days with considerable loss of circulation, we exercise extreme caution in the comments we publish, as the comment box has been one of the main arteries to inject malicious code. Because of that comments may not appear immediately, but rest assured that if you are a legitimate commenter your opinion will be published within 24 hours. If your comment fails to appear, and you wish to reach us directly, send us a mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize for this inconvenience.
=SUBSCRIBE TODAY! NOTHING TO LOSE, EVERYTHING TO GAIN.=
free • safe • invaluable