PEPE ESCOBAR—The opposition sees the internal Saudi dynamics as MBS being Trump’s man in Riyadh – because of the oil angle – while the CIA, like Khashoggi, would rather deal with a constitutional monarchy and have its own asset in command. Total instability reigns. The only certainty is that the Houthi movement’s increasingly sophisticated offensive will continue to be deployed inside Saudi Arabia, unless MBS shelves his vicious war. Otherwise, he’d better start booking a one-way ticket to London.
- AMERICAN PROPAGANDAANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCESAUDI ARABIAN MEDIEVALISMSAUDI CONNECTIONYEMENZIONCONS
- AMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCECHINACIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDA
The NED’s focus on Hong Kong fits with the typical US approach to anti-government protest activity abroad. A government memo, leaked in 2017, confirmed that it is US policy to “emphasize” pro-democracy movements in adversary nations, while playing them down or ignoring them in friendly nations – Beijing has accused the US of orchestrating the movement and analysts have argued that encouraging unrest in Hong Kong is seen to be beneficial for Washington as US President Donald Trump wages a trade and tech war with China.
- AMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST SICKNESSCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDAUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATES
DEBORAH SNOW—What had driven the minister into such a rage was Toohey’s disclosures of expanded capabilities at the top-secret naval communications and satellite ground station at North West Cape in Western Australia, a key link in Washington’s ability to communicate with its global nuclear submarine fleet.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCECHINAUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIOLENCE & NONVIOLENCE
MoA—The protesters now use the same violent methods that were used in the Maidan protests in the Ukraine. The U.S. seems to hope that China will intervene and create a second Tianamen scene. That U.S. color revolution attempt failed but was an excellent instrument to demonize China. A repeat in Hong Kong would allow [the US] to declare a “clash of civilization” and increase ‘western’ hostility against China.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEBATTLE OF COMMUNICATIONSCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTS
PAUL TREANOR—Libertarianism is part of the Anglo-American liberal tradition in political philosophy. It is a development of classic liberalism, and not a separate category from it. It is specifically associated with the United States, and to a lesser extent with Britain and its former ‘white colonies’ (Canada, Australia, New Zealand). Many libertarian authors know only North American political culture and society. They claim universal application for libertarianism, but it remains culture-bound. For instance, some libertarians argue by quoting the US Constitution – apparently without realising that it only applies in the USA. Most online material on libertarianism contrasts it to ‘liberalism’, but that is also culturally specific.