JEFFREY ST CLAIR—So what happened? How did animals come to be viewed as mindless commodities? One explanation is that modernity rudely intruded in the rather frail form of Renè Descartes. The great Cartesian disconnect not only cleaved mind from body, but also severed humans from the natural world. Descartes postulated that animals were mere physical automatons. They were biological machines whose actions were driven solely by bio-physical instincts. Animals lacked the power of cognition, the ability to think and reason. They had a brain but no mind.
Animals in Entertainment
- ABOMINATIONSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in Entertainment
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in EntertainmentAnimals in Research
The states may ban hunting bears with cubs, as the memorandum of understanding between the three states outlines (Montana’s plan would only allow hunting of solitary animals). They may also ban hunting during the part of the year when females, who emerge from dens later and go into hibernation earlier, are more likely to be killed (Montana’s plan would do this). But mother bears, upon which the survival of the Greater Yellowstone grizzlies depend, could still be taken. That includes 399, until now so adept at living with people.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in EntertainmentANNOTATED NEWS
This last month, luck dealt Mohan its final blow. As the abuse he faced his entire life caught up with him, a hairline fracture in his limb escalated into something more serious, his bones and his entire body too weak to combat the injuries.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in EntertainmentANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALS
APPENDIX As reported by Esquire Magazine on Apr 23rd— Of Course Donald Trump Jr.…
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in EntertainmentAnimals in ResearchANTI-CORPORATISMAPPEALS TO CONSCIENCEENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESSAVING THE PLANET
WOLF GORDON CLIFTON—”It turns out the glass walls metaphor is inadequate for understanding the…