DEB DELLA PLANA—Good Morning, Ungovernables! Please. Do NOT give me some of that old time spirituality. I don’t give a shit who it is, I trust nobody who is suggesting we have a new political awakening under the leadership of a self-help author. I’m wondering how we’ll bring about this “transformation.” Judging by her book sales, we should have a nation of empaths. We don’t. Not even close. Before you know it, Dr. Phil will be Surgeon General, Dr. Oz will be the Director of Health and Human Services, and Oprah Winfry will be the fucking VP. No thanks.
ANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISM
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISM
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISMANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWAR
RON ARONSON—Sartre’s notion of freedom asks that we take responsibility for situations we did not create, and then makes us responsible for what we do about them.
- ABOMINATIONSANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISMANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESKZIONCONS
Trump’s Alliance with Body-Choppers, Death Squads and Child Killers: Saudi Arabia, Brazil and Israel
JAMES PETRAS—Washington has launched a strategy of military encirclement and a trade war against China. The White House rounded-up Japan, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines and South Korea to provide military bases which target China. Nevertheless, up to the present the US has no allies in its trade war. All of Trump’s so-called Asian ‘allies’ defy his economic sanctions policies. The countries depend on and pursue trade with and investments from China. While all pay diplomatic lip service and provide military bases, all defer on the crucial issues of joining US military exercises off China’s coast and boycotting Beijing.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWARDemoncrats
JOHN STEPPLING—What strikes me most acutely, these last few months, is the extraordinary cultural chauvinism of the U.S., or rather mostly of white U.S., as well as an institutionalized orientalism. Most White Americans, as a general statement, think they are better than the rest of the world. And most Americans have scant knowledge about the rest of the world. So the belief in cultural (and moral ) superiority is based on what? The answer is not simple, but as a general sort of response, this trust in “our” superiority is built on violence. On an ability to be effectively violent. Most British, too, think they are superior to those ‘wogs’ south of their emerald isle.
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZEN TOOLSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISMEDIA CRITICISMMEDIA FRONTMEDIA LIESMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUM
ED HERMAN—One of the most flagrant cases in which the Soviet threat was exploited…