BONNIE CARACCIOLO—I do not believe in war. Saying that I do not believe in war is not the same as saying “I don’t support the troops”. That is a ploy to make those who are against war seem like unpatriotic ingrates. What it means is- I don’t believe in subsidizing young people to go halfway across the planet to kill other young people and unarmed civilians who are, today, 80% of casualties in ‘modern warfare’.
ANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFIST
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIFASCISTSANTIWAR
- ABOMINATIONSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTS
PCR—During October, a quarter of a million people have made a half million visits to this website. These are only the visits to this website. The number does not include the visits to my columns carried on scores of other websites both in English and in Foreign translation where my writings are republished. Yet, in the past two days as of 4pm today, only 450 people have signed the petition to free Julian Assange from his unlawful imprisonment that is posted on my website. Surely my readers can do better than that.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMZIONCONS
THE SAKER—I think that I made my opinion about Trump pretty clear, yet I also have to repeat that all these “climbdowns” by Trump are, just by themselves, a good enough reason to justify a vote for Trump. Simply put; since Trump came to power we saw a lot of hubris, nonsense, ignorance and stupidity. But we did NOT see a war, especially not a major one. I will never be able to prove that, but I strongly believe that if Hillary had won, the Middle-East would have already exploded (most likely after a US attempt at imposing a no-fly zone over Syria).
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWAR
WJ ASTORE—Like Russia, China has a single aircraft carrier, though there are plans to build one or two more. Even if China does, the U.S. will still maintain an enormous lead on its “great-power” rivals. Some rivalry!The U.S. Navy currently has eleven fleet aircraft carriers, with two new ones under construction and a further two on order. Indeed, to make space for all these new carriers, the Navy has plans to retire CVN-75, Harry S Truman, 20 years early, an idea even Congress finds silly.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
WHITNEY WEBB—If we continue to sit back and allow the state-sanctioned torture of Assange to go on, it is likely that we too will remain silent when the same tactics and smears are applied to other independent journalists who dare to defy the oligarchy and its empire. Their goal is to have the public just as isolated and gagged as Assange himself has been.As Assange once warned, our failure to collectively act in the face of such injustice will eventually lead to an inability to defend ourselves and those that are dear to us, as such toxic passivity is a greater threat to “democracy” and humanity’s freedom than any threat of physical violence. Such passivity will allow the “powers that be” to lead the world down an Orwellian path of censorship, totalitarianism and destruction.