JEFF J. BROWN—Interviewing Ed Curtin on the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s 1967 “he signed his own death warrant” speech, Beyond Vietnam: a Time to Break the Silence, and his cold blooded assassination at the hands of the US government exactly 365 days later, was a meaningful, memorable time. After hanging up, I felt better about my global point of view and the future of humanity, against all the odds. He told me that in two months, he is being pushed out of his 20-year professorship at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts. This school and its students will be greatly diminished by his involuntary departure.
ANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFIST
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIFASCISTSANTIWARASIA AFFAIRS
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIWARCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCHINACHINESE WAY OF LIFE
PEPE ESCOBAR—Gerasimov also detailed how, “the Pentagon has begun to develop a fundamentally new strategy of warfare, which has been dubbed the ‘Trojan Horse’. Its essence lies in the active use of the ‘protest potential of the fifth column’ in order to destabilize the situation with simultaneous strikes by precision-guided weapons on the most important targets.”Then the clincher; “The Russian Federation is ready to oppose every one of these strategies.
- ABOMINATIONSACTIVISTS & HEROESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWARMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWHISTLEBLOWERS AND LEAKSZIONCONS
CHRIS MARSDEN—“Jeremy Corbyn did the same as soon as he was elected Labour leader and maintains his silence to this day. He has done nothing to challenge the plot against Assange or any assault on democratic freedoms by the state apparatus. And he would not do so, even if he formed a government.”
- AMERICAN STUDIESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
PATRICE GREANVILLE—In the fantasy land that we call American democracy we all hope for the Hollywood happy ending: the crooks and villains get their comeuppance. In other words, Mr. Smith—Mr. Everybody—as visualized by Frank Capra, not only goes to Washington but he triumphs. But in the real-life movie scripts circulated in Washington and in every single seat of traditional class power in America, from Chicago’s mercantile and meatpacking fortunes to Texas oilfields and New York’s financial centers, the outcomes are different. Here the villains prosper. They get rich. They win elections (or buy them, which is even better). In time, like mafia dons who have become elder statesmen, they gain social respect, even gravitas. They give rise to crime families with elaborate national and international connections. The media applaud their achievements.
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWAR
JOHN R. HALL—In the depths of despair during the deaths of loved ones, I abandoned my own true hero’s journey, ceased writing, discontinued paying any attention to the crimes of Empire, the deep state, the military/industrial complex, and all the usual suspects, turning my back on the very issues I cared about most deeply. In retrospect this may have been my second inexcusable regret and mistake. The decision didn’t even give me any peace of mind, didn’t stop the anger and rage, didn’t ease the pain of knowing that the crimes against humanity and the assault of Pachamama continued unabated and with growing acceleration.