ANDRE DAMON—On Saturday, US President Donald Trump announced that the United States will withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty, which prohibited Washington and Moscow from developing short- and medium-range missiles. It is difficult to overstate the criminality and recklessness of this action. The lives of billions of people in Europe and East Asia have been deliberately placed in the crossfire of Washington’s nuclear buildup against Beijing and Moscow. American military planners are intent on not only building, but using, nuclear weapons in combat. They aim to demonstrate to their potential adversaries that no humanitarian or moral constraints exist for them, and that Washington out-does its rivals not just in weapons, but in bloodlust.
- ABOMINATIONSARMAGEDDONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWARMONGERING FOOLSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYARMAGEDDONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWARMONGERING FOOLSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
JOHN HORGAN—Resistance to U.S. militarism is growing in an unlikely place, the tech industry. The New York Times reported last week that at “Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Salesforce, as well as at tech start-ups, engineers and technologists are increasingly asking whether the products they are working on are being used for surveillance in places like China or for military projects in the United States or elsewhere.”
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTIFASCISTSANTIWARARMAGEDDON
PAUL ATWOOD—Once Hitler and the top Nazis were gone American elites had to devise a plan to deal with the Soviet Union. One measure that never ever gets notice is that the U.S. and its new intelligence agencies immediately exempted key Nazis from prosecution for war crimes and recruited them to aid in overthrowing Soviet rule. This measure in itself demolished the myth of the U.S. as “arsenal of democracy.” The roster included major rocket scientists and Nazi intelligence officials. One of the first forays involved Ukraine wherein Ukrainians who had aided the Nazis in their invasion of Russia were parachuted back into their country to overthrow the Reds. The current tumult over Ukraine is nothing new.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESARMAGEDDONBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYVASSAL STATESWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSZIONCONS
CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—This would be the same James Mattis who’s been overseeing the war crimes committed by America’s armed forces during their illegal occupation of Syria. This would be the same United States of America that was born of the genocide of indigenous tribes and the labor of African slaves, which slaughtered millions in Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Iraq, Libya and Syria for no legitimate reason, which is partnered with Ukrainian Nazis, jihadist factions in Syria and Iranian terror cultists, which supports 73 percent of the world’s dictators, which interferes constantly in the electoral processes of other countries as a matter of policy, which stages coups around the world, which has encircled the globe with military bases, whose FBI still targets black civil rights activists for persecution to this very day, which routinely enters into undeclared wars of aggression against noncompliant governments to advance plutocratic interests, which remains the only country ever to use nuclear weapons on human beings after doing so completely needlessly in Japan, and which is functionally a corporatist oligarchy with no meaningful “democratic model” in place at all.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSARMAGEDDONBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACORPORATE CRIMESCORPORATE CRIMINALITYLIFE UNDER CAPITALISMMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMMIC/ PENTAGON MACHINEUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYZIONCONS
NILES NIEMUTH—Times columnists Nicholas Kristof and Thomas Friedman, who both jump at any opportunity to denounce with the utmost moral outrage alleged atrocities carried out by the Assad regime or Russian forces in order to clamor for an escalation of US “humanitarian” intervention, apparently caught a joint case of writer’s block. The editorialists and commentators in the American media, by and large, argue that Trump has not gone far enough in Syria, and that the US wars and occupations which have been raging for more than 15 years must be expanded to counter any challenge by Russia and Iran to US domination over the Middle East.