NEIL CLARK—Commonly regarded as a conservative figure, economically de Gaulle was a man of the left. He believed in a ‘dirigiste’ economy with a high level of public ownership. He didn’t kowtow to the bankers and international finance capital. “He was a man who did not care for those who owned wealth; he despised the bourgeois and hated capitalism” was the verdict of his French biographer Jean Lacouture.
- BETTER HUMANITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMFRENCH
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTIFASCISTSANTIWARAPPEALS TO CONSCIENCEBATTLE OF COMMUNICATIONSBETTER HUMANITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACORPORATE FASCISMCORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCULTURE & CRITICISMCULTURE & HISTORYVIDEOS
Peter Joseph is the founder of the Zeitgeist Movement, a grassroots, worldwide organization that advocates an alternative economic system based on sustainability, cooperation and human need. His most recent book, ‘The New Human Rights Movement,’ delivers a startling exposé about the violent oppression that defines our economic order, while issuing an urgent call for global activism to unite to replace it. Abby Martin sits down with Joseph to talk about the contradictions and crises of capitalism and what he advocates to save the future of the planet from catastrophe.
- ANIMAL EXPLOITERSANNOTATED NEWSBACKWARD TRADITIONSBETTER HUMANITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCHINACHINESE WAY OF LIFECULTURE & CRITICISMECOANIMALENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESSAVING THE PLANETVIRTUALUNIV
Modernization has been a dream of China’s for a century. After the Great Cultural Revolution, the Chinese government joined most developing countries in treating modernization as its goal. China’s achievements on this path, such as its fast GDP growth, have amazed the world. However, the price has been extremely high, including environmental problems, an increasing gap between the rich and the poor, and growing disenchantment with growth within the populace as a whole. Is there any alternative to the current form of modernization? “Constructive postmodern thinking proposes such an alternative.”81 Kang Ouyang, a leading Marxist scholar in China and vice president of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, has explored the positive and negative sides of modernization. For him the negative includes: treating economic growth as the ultimate goal; neglecting ecology, the value of tradition, and aesthetic wisdom as complements to scientific knowledge; rejection of the positive role that religion can play in human life; and overemphasis on individuality at the expense of community.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTIWARBETTER HUMANITYBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESS
ANDRE VLTCHEK—‘Political correctness’ is diluting the sense of urgency, and there is plenty of hypocrisy at work: while, at least in the West and Japan, people are encouraged to recycle, to turn off the lights in empty rooms and not to waste water, in other parts of our Planet, entire islands, nations and continents are being logged out by the Western corporations, or destroyed by unbridled mining. The governments of the West’s ‘client states’ are getting hopelessly corrupt in the process.
- ANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMANTI-CORPORATISMBETTER HUMANITYCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACLIMATE CHANGEENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESLatinAm-ECUADORSAVING THE PLANET
JOHN SEED—The tropical Andes of Ecuador are at the top of the world list of biodiversity hotspots in terms of vertebrate species, endemic vertebrates, and endemic plants. Ecuador has more orchid and hummingbird species than Brazil, which is 32 times larger, and more diversity than the entire USA.