MICHELLE LLAMAS—If the ads are here to stay, improve them. What consumers really want to know are the costs, harms and trials as well as benefits. For example, simple tables with this information should be featured in print and TV ads. One study in the American Journal of Public Health found even consumers of lower education levels understood information presented in a quantitative table.
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESBIG PHARMACAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDA
- BIG PHARMABOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESVIDEOS
WENDELL POTTER—It’s going to take, kind of, a sea change. Certainly, the current leadership in Washington is not going to make this happen. Bernie Sanders does have some solid and bold ideas. He advocates for moving us to an improved and expanded Medicare program in which all of us would be covered by Medicare, and allowing the Medicare program to actually negotiate with drug companies for lower prices. We should have that. The drug companies and the insurance industry lobbied against that and have successfully kept Medicare from being able to do that.
- BIG PHARMACITIZEN TOOLSCITIZENS' MEDIACULTURE & CRITICISMHUMBUG CENTRALMEDICINE & SCIENCE
“Homeopathy was created in an era when the most important principles of the chemistry…
- AMERICAN STUDIESBIG PHARMACAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCITIZEN TOOLSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDAHEALTH & MEDICINEIDIOTIZED PUBLICSINEQUALITY
A man with advanced prostate cancer decided to try an unconventional method, and he’s…
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMBIG PHARMACAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACLASS ANALYSISHEALTH & MEDICINE
“If we get traction with the public, the Democratic Party establishment and its incumbents…