ANDRE DAMON—On January 16, 2018, the World Socialist Web Site livestreamed a discussion on Internet censorship, featuring Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges and WSWS International Editorial Board Chairperson David North. WSWS reporter Andre Damon moderated the discussion. The webinar explored the political context of the efforts to censor the Internet and abolish net neutrality, examine the pretexts used to justify the suppression of free speech (i.e., “fake news”), and discuss political strategies to defend democratic rights.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE TELEVISIONCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINALS & DISINFORMERSFAKE NEWSFALSE DEMOCRACYVIDEOVIDEOS
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCORPORATE TELEVISIONCORPORATE WHORESCULTURE & CRITICISMCULTURE & HISTORYDEMAGOGUERYELECTION 2016FALSE DEMOCRACYIMPERIAL WHORESIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST FRONTSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
PHIL ROCKSTROH—Oprah Winfrey is and has been since her entrance into the US mass media hologram one of the capitalist elite’s most effective propagandists. By intention, her New Age snake oil-peddling patter never connects capitalist exploitation as the dominant source of individual suffering. Of course not. Oprah is a US American huckster in the model of Norman Vincent Peale.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCITIZEN TOOLSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE TELEVISION
The Internet was initially a product of public spending. The U.S. Defense Department first conceived it in the 1960s, following a period of feverish technological competition with the Soviet Union. By the early 1990s, the government ceded control of the Internet to the private sector, which had the putative capacity to host its rapid growth.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFECITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE CRIMESCORPORATE CRIMINALITYCORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE TELEVISIONCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCRIMINALS & DISINFORMERSDEEP STATEMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCUMNEOLIBERALISMPRESSTITUTESROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA & NOVOROSSIYAWORLD DESKZIONCONS
PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS—Russia’s premature declaration of victory in Syria and withdrawal has made it possible for US forces to remain in Syria and attempt to restart the effort to overthrow the Assad government. Russia would have to defend its victory, or by the failure to do so encourage more aggressive actions by Washington.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-NEOLIBERALISMCORPORATE TELEVISIONCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCRIMINALS & DISINFORMERSCULTURE & HISTORYEUROPEAN UNIONFAKE NEWSFALSE LEFTFILTHY NEOCONSFRAUDS & NON-LEFT LEFTGLOBAL NEOLIBERALISMHUMAN VERMINHYBRID WARFAREIDEOLOGICAL STRUGGLEIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIAL APOLOGISTS & COLLABOSIMPERIAL WHORESIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST FRONTSLIBERAL BETRAYALSMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESZIONCONS
PHILIP BUTLER—Breaking it all down. The European Union’s outgoing ambassador to Russia is pounding the message “Putin must go” at The Guardian, The Observer, at The Baltic Times, and elsewhere (See Emma Graham-Harrison’s piece citing Ušackas – “West’s rift with Russia ‘will last until Vladimir Putin goes’). One of his favorite projects was largely funded by a Nazi sympathizer/collaborator who later became a multi-million dollar consultant to western corporations including; Exxon, El Paso Natural Gas, Columbia Gas, Rockwell International, Philip Morris, Coca-Cola, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, and many others.