PATRICK LAWRENCE—Do we have prima facie proof of Washington’s involvement in the coup against Morales? This is rarely available in such circumstances as these. As in many other cases, we may have to wait for the historians and the declassification of foreign- relations records. The closest we come so far in the Bolivia case is a set of 16 audio recordings released Nov. 10 by El Periódico, an independent publication in Costa Rica. These appear to record top coup plotters as they plan actions against the Morales government and, in one, discuss the support they receive from Senators Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Bob Menendez — all of whom have taken a hand in previous Latin American interventions.
COUPS & CIVIL WAR
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYBOLIVIACAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACOUPS & CIVIL WARCRIMINAL RULING CLASSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIRTUALUNIVZIONCONS
- BOLIVIACLASS ANALYSISCLASS COLLABORATIONCOUPS & CIVIL WARRESISTANCEUS GOVERNMENT CRIMES
ALVARO GARCIA LINERA—Over several weeks, the police had shown great incompetence and neglect of their duty to protect the ordinary people whom fascistic gangs threatened with beatings and persecution. But since last Friday — refusing to recognize their civilian command — many of these same police have shown an extraordinary capacity for attacking, detaining, torturing, and killing protesters from the popular classes. Of course, in the earlier [anti-Morales] protests, it had been a matter of reining in the children of the middle classes — and the police were supposedly powerless to react.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCOMMUNISMCOUPS & CIVIL WARCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCRIMINAL RULING CLASSCUBAN EXAMPLE
The United States tried to create opposition forces in Cuba during the 1960s. Why did it fail to build enough support to counter Fidel Castro’s power?
CASS DEAN—Comes the Revolution, the displaced ruling class immediately starts organizing a counter-coup and lots of unpleasantness ensues, including mistrust between people. But Cuba’s ruling class, and its psycho sadist enforcers, were intertwined with both the leading civil criminals, the Mafia, the leading underground criminals, the CIA, and the politicians, of a large country only 90 miles away that rolled out the welcome mat.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCOUPS & CIVIL WARCOVERT OPERATIONSSAUDI ARABIAN MEDIEVALISMSAUDI CONNECTIONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATES
FINIAN CUNNINGHAM—Khashoggi’s articles appeared to be taking on increasingly critical tone against the heir to the Saudi throne, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The 33-year-old Crown Prince, or MbS as he’s known, is de facto ruler of the oil-rich kingdom, in place of his aging father, King Salman. While Western media and several leaders, such as Presidents Trump and Macron, have been indulging MbS as “a reformer”, Khashoggi was spoiling this Saudi public relations effort by criticizing the war in Yemen, the blockade on Qatar and the crackdown on Saudi critics back home.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESCOUPS & CIVIL WARCOVERT OPERATIONSIMPERIALISMIRAN
RAMIN MAZAHERI—The irony is that Western leftists will openly admire the Committees to Defend the Revolution (who would certainly get physically involved were Cuba ever to actually have protests) or even the Chavista brigades, yet the Basjii who opposed the Green Movement – which most leftists, including the World Socialist Web Site, agree was a mostly upper-middle class phenomenon – receive none of this support but only scorn, fear and condemnation.