Chris Hedges speaks on 3/29/2014 at the “One Nation Under Surveillance” civil liberties conference at CCSU in CT. He’s introduced by Mongi Dhaouadi, Executive Director of CAIR-CT. Hedges was one of he plaintiffs in a suit against the government “indefinite detention” policy. He’s a former Middle East bureau chief of the New York Times He’s written “Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt”, “What Every Person Should Know About War”, “War is a Force That Gives Us Meaning”, and other books.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANTI-CORPORATISMCOVERT OPERATIONSCRIME & CORRUPTIONPEOPLES HISTORYPLUTOCRATIC POWERPLUTOCRATSPOLICE & REPRESSIONPOLICE STATEVIDEOSVIRTUALUNIV
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCOUPS & CIVIL WARCOVERT OPERATIONSSAUDI ARABIAN MEDIEVALISMSAUDI CONNECTIONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATES
FINIAN CUNNINGHAM—Khashoggi’s articles appeared to be taking on increasingly critical tone against the heir to the Saudi throne, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The 33-year-old Crown Prince, or MbS as he’s known, is de facto ruler of the oil-rich kingdom, in place of his aging father, King Salman. While Western media and several leaders, such as Presidents Trump and Macron, have been indulging MbS as “a reformer”, Khashoggi was spoiling this Saudi public relations effort by criticizing the war in Yemen, the blockade on Qatar and the crackdown on Saudi critics back home.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESCOUPS & CIVIL WARCOVERT OPERATIONSIMPERIALISMIRAN
RAMIN MAZAHERI—The irony is that Western leftists will openly admire the Committees to Defend the Revolution (who would certainly get physically involved were Cuba ever to actually have protests) or even the Chavista brigades, yet the Basjii who opposed the Green Movement – which most leftists, including the World Socialist Web Site, agree was a mostly upper-middle class phenomenon – receive none of this support but only scorn, fear and condemnation.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE TELEVISIONCORPORATE WHORESCOVERT OPERATIONSCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MILITARYVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWARMONGERING FOOLSWASHINGTON'S VASSALSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESKZIONCONS
CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—Russian propaganda is not dangerous. Having access to other ways of looking at global geopolitics is not dangerous. What absolutely is dangerous is a vast empire concerning itself with the information and ideas that its citizenry have access to. Get your rapey, manipulative fingers out of our minds, please. If our dear leaders are so worried about our losing faith in our institutions, they shouldn’t be concerning themselves with manipulating us into trusting them, they should be making those institutions more trustworthy.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCECIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE WHORESCOUPS & CIVIL WARCOVERT OPERATIONSMEDIA CRITICISMMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMMIC/ PENTAGON MACHINEMIDDLE EAST
PATRICK MARTIN—There is no credible evidence concerning the claimed attack in the Eastern Ghouta city of Douma, a few miles from the Syrian capital. There are video clips that prove nothing, since they could have been manufactured at any time and edited to serve the purpose. The sole on-the-spot accounts come from the White Helmets, celebrated by the media as a rescue organization, but affiliated with the anti-Assad “rebels” and largely funded by the United States, Britain, Germany and other imperialist powers. This includes $23 million from the US Agency for International Development, a longtime front for the CIA.