ROBERT HUNZIKER—Meanwhile, “Earth’s oceans continue to absorb over 90 percent of the excess heat trapped by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.” It’s that source of ocean heat that’s primarily extinguishing marine life. As such, civilization in toto is subjecting itself to suicidal behavior by failing to listen to scientists and failing to enact emergency measures to convert fossil fuels to renewables. It’s a deadly situation, but still not resonating nearly enough to save the oceans.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSECOANIMALENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESNATUREOceans
- ANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESOceansSAVING THE PLANETVIDEOS
Plastic pollution poses one of the biggest known threats to the ocean, influencing all ecosystems from beautiful coral reefs to abyssal trenches, eventually accumulating in our own food. Learn more about how to upend the current system of produce-use-discard, and transition to a system which promotes reuse and repurposing of plastics.
- ABOMINATIONSENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESOceansSAVING THE PLANET
BRYAN DYNE—Overall, a clear picture emerges of a planet in crisis. The biosphere of Earth, the “infrastructure” for all life on the planet, is collapsing. The massive expansion of human activity since the Industrial Revolution is the primary cause. What then are the solutions?
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESExtractionFossil FuelsGeothermalOceansSAVING THE PLANETSolarWind and Wave
Ecosocialist politics is based on recognizing that a sound ecological policy cannot be achieved within a capitalist framework. In order to restore (to the extent possible) the health of the ecosphere, it is necessary that economic decisions be no longer based on the capitalist goals of maximizing profit and accumulating wealth. They should instead be based on the common interest of humanity, which is bound up with the health of the natural environment.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTIWARCORPORATE CRIMINALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE WHORESCRONY CAPITALISMDEBASED HUMANITYENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESOceansSAVING THE PLANET
RON JACOBS—With this cancerous approach to economics, capitalism destroys the planet. Yet, it continues to expand. This is one of the most important messages of this book. It is why capitalism itself must be defeated if we are to survive. There is no other path.