And while this is happening in the USA, plus monster fires and so forth, in Europe strange, some would say bizarre, natural events are beginning to happen with increasing frequency. Floods, for example, have become superfloods, as the case of Venice now demonstrates.
Water of Life
- ENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESSAVING THE PLANETWater of Life
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN STUDIESANIMAL DEFENDERSANTI-CORPORATISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS' MEDIACULTURE & HISTORYECOANIMALENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESSAVING THE PLANETVIRTUALUNIVWater of Life
MICHAEL K SMITH—Abbey called himself a racist in Confessions of a Barbarian, though he defined the term as an aversion to being dominated by a race to which one did not belong, which definition would render nearly all of humanity “racist”: “Am I a racist? I guess I am. I certainly do not wish to live in a society dominated by blacks, or Mexicans, or Orientals. Look at Africa, at Mexico, at Asia.” Abbey was aware of the contributions of Western colonialism and imperialism to the widespread misery found in those regions, but argued it was but “Western guilt neurosis” to assign primacy to them in accounting for Third World conditions in the late twentieth century.
- AirAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESETHOLOGYSAVING THE PLANETWater of Life
JOHN BELLAMY FOSTER—In the first part of the chapter, Foster discusses the “qualitative transformation in the level of human destructiveness” that characterized capitalist production after World War II. This transformation included massive increases in the use of synthetics that could not be readily reabsorbed by nature, accompanied by a radical expansion in the use of all forms of energy, particularly fossil fuels.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN STUDIESANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsBeingsCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCORPORATE CRIMESCORPORATE CRIMINALITYCORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESGENOCIDESAVING THE PLANETWater of Life
EVO MORALES—“Our vision of the Communitarian Socialism of Living Well is based on rights and not on the market. It is based on the full realization of human happiness of peoples and populations, through the full complementarity of the rights of peoples, persons, states and Mother Earth”
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESOceansSAVING THE PLANETWater of Life
When George W. Bush’s administration claimed that the Clean Air Act couldn’t be used…