LEE CAMP—“Fossil fuel companies risked wasting more than two trillion dollars over the coming decade by pursuing coal, oil and gas projects that could be worthless in the face of international action on climate change and advances in renewables – in turn posing substantial threats to investor returns.” They have made a two trillion-dollar gamble that we will all keep using fossil fuels even as society collapses. So they don’t just have a dog in the race, they have a goddamn elephant riding on top of a T. rex riding on top of Mike Pompeo.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHENERGYENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESEXTREME WEALTHFALSE ENVIRONMENTALISMFossil FuelsSAVING THE PLANET
- ABOMINATIONSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESFALSE ENVIRONMENTALISMSAVING THE PLANET
PAUL STREET—I rely on climate scientists to crunch the time-series numbers on planetary warming and what they are telling us is not good, to say the least. We are at an oak tree tipping point for the house of humanity. It’s the biggest issue of our or any time. As Noam Chomsky told Occupy Boston 8 years ago, if the environmental catastrophe led by global warming isn’t averted in the next few decades, then nothing else we progressives, egalitarians, and peaceniks care about is going to matter.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESFACTORY FARMINGFALSE ENVIRONMENTALISMSAVING THE PLANET
F W ENGDAHL—Scientists at the University of Texas have identified in experiments that glyphosate, the controversial herbicide in Monsanto Roundup, harms the microbiota needed by honeybees for growing and resisting pathogens. This, combined with earlier studies linking the group of neonicotinoid pesticides to bee deaths, suggest we need an urgent review of the toxins being widely applied to our agriculture crops. Notably, the world’s largest purveyor of both neonicotinoids and of glyphosate-based Roundup today is the merged giant Monsanto/Bayer.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMAPPEALS TO CONSCIENCEENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESFALSE ENVIRONMENTALISMSAVING THE PLANET
KRISTINE MATTIS—Americans and other first-world citizens have the notion that their happiness, their desire for comfort, their want of cool gadgetry, their egos, their power, and their careers are more important than life itself. As a result, even the most environmentally-minded middle class people are too tied to their creature comforts (a.k.a., consumer excesses) that they still rank among the biggest consumers and polluters. Americans often deride others for living beyond theirmeans(meaning their financial abilities), but no one ever worries about living beyond our needs,which is perhaps the fundamental cause of our suicidal path as a species.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESFAKE NEWSFALSE DEMOCRACYFALSE ENVIRONMENTALISMGREAT HYPOCRISYIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST FRONTSINDONESIALIFE UNDER CAPITALISMNEOCOLONIALISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALS
ANDRE VLTCHEK—In reality, Wahhabism does not have much to do with Islam. Or more precisely, it intercepts and derails the natural development of Islam, of its strife for an egalitarian arrangement of the world, and for socialism. The Brits were behind the birth of the movement; the Brits and one of the most radical, fundamentalist and regressive preachers of all times – Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab.