This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License ALL CAPTIONS…
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBOURGEOIS VALUESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE WHORESEUROPEAN UNIONFRANCEGERMANYGLOBAL NEOLIBERALISM
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBOURGEOIS FEMINISTSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIAGERMAN & European complicityGERMANYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATESWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
WM. HATHAWAY—The clash of cultures has created other problems. Two-thirds of the refugees are young men, some of them convinced God has ordained males to dominate females. In their view, women who aren’t submissive need to be punished. Since being male is the only power many of them have, they feel threatened by women in positions of power, and they sometimes react with hostility. Over a thousand women have been physically attacked — some murdered and raped and many aggressively grabbed on the breasts as a way of showing dominance.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEEUROPEAN UNIONFALSE DEMOCRACYFALSE LEFTFRANCEFRENCH IMPERIALIST COLLABORATIONGERMAN & European complicityGERMANYGLOBALIZATION or CORPORATIZATIONGREAT HYPOCRISY
GARY LEUPP—Many prominent Germans oppose the sanctions. Former chancellor Gerhard Schröder (Merkel’s predecessor for seven years) opposes the sanctions (and indeed says he can understand the reasons for the Russian seizure of Crimea). The minister presidents of Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia have both called for an end to the sanctions, which are particularly damaging to their economies. They are widely understood to have been adopted by the EU under U.S. pressure (aided by the UK—so long as it was a member—as Washington’s main agent within the EU) steering the union towards unwanted confrontation with Russia at U.S. behest.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWARARAB NATIONBOURGEOIS VALUESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYFRENCH IMPERIALIST COLLABORATIONGEOSTRATEGYGERMANYMIDDLE EASTTURKEYVIRTUAL UNIVERSITYVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESK
F.W. ENGDAHL—At first almost unnoticed after 1850, then with significant intensity after the onset of the Great Depression of 1873 in Britain, the sun began to set on the British Empire. By the end of the 19th Century, though the City of London remained undisputed financier of the world, British industrial excellence was in terminal decline.
- ANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEGERMANYHISTORYMemoryTURKEY
F W ENGDAHL—In both areas, naval challenge and building a rail infrastructure linking Berlin to the Persian Gulf, oil figured as a decisive, if still hidden, motive force for both the British and the German side.