JEFF J. BROWN—This Western phenomenon of governance and democracy as a spectacle for entertainment was vividly captured by French philosopher Guy Debord, in his much-cited work, The Society of the Spectacle (1967). Debord then followed it up with a shorter, second work called, Comments on the Society of the Spectacle. While not light reading, both are highly recommended, as Debord was way ahead of his time. I strongly suspect that the Wachowski Brothers read him before they made The Matrix movies. Contrast this to Chinese governance and leadership, which for millennia have been founded on merit, competence and practical experience. Care and concern for the masses and have-nots have always been the first rule of order for Chinese leaders.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST SICKNESSVIRTUALUNIVWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISM
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN DUPLICITYANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST SICKNESSISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISMJEWISH QUESTIONSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIRTUALUNIVZIONCONS
PETER KOENIG—As things stand today, Irael is about to take over and absorb the Palestinian West Bank without serious opposition from its western NATO allies, the very hypocrytical west that is officially propagating peace talsk after peace talks – no end. Indeed, no end. Because Peace is not wanted. The United States of America wants full domination of the Middle-East. It’s one of the planet’s most energy rich areas, but also one of the most strategic gateways between Eurasia and Africa. So, the symbiotic relationship of the tail wagging the dog, between Israel and the US of A will go on.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST SICKNESSIMPERIALISMIMPERIALIST SICKNESSIRAN
Two highly dependable commentators—Moon of Alabama and Eric Zuesse—reach the same conclusion: the latest round of US sanctions on Iran, calculated to bring Tehran to its knees, may accomplish some of its squalid goals because the corrupt and complicit EU, despite its sanctimonious liberal rhetoric, refuses to stand up to the Great Hegemon and instead joins in its global campaign of war and intimidation. In their arrogant quest for dominance at any cost to their victims, the Washington cliques are actually forcing countries like Iran to become fully self-sufficient, and thereby more powerful and more independent than ever before. Russia should be a lesson, but their boundless arrogance does not allow them to see the obvious.
- ABOMINATIONSCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIAL WHORESIMPERIALIST SICKNESSMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUM
CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—These are just a few examples. These sentiments are everywhere throughout the Democratic establishment and its allied media. Do these seem like the sentiments of a media class who believes Donald Trump poses an urgent existential threat and must be defeated at all cost? Or do they sound like a media class who promoted Russiagate and Trump hysteria for ratings?
- AMERICAN STUDIESANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYIMPERIALIST FRONTSIMPERIALIST SICKNESSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIRTUAL UNIVERSITYWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
BEN NORTON—When internal emails were leaked showing that the massive opposition media platform Basma Syria was funded by the United States and Britain, Albany wrote, “the Basma brand has been compromised following leaks about funding project aims.”
The leaks on social media “have damaged the credibility and trustworthiness of the existing branded platform,” Albany wrote. “Credibility and trust are the key currencies of the activities envisaged and for this reason we consider it essential to refresh the approach if the content to be disseminated is to have effect.” The Basma website was taken down soon after.