ED CURTIN—Maybe a hawk killed the bluejay, but if so, it didn’t gloat over its body. It would have been operating under the laws of necessity, where as far as we know, compassion has no place. Not true for Che’s killers. Here they are posing for the camera, guns still aimed at the dead man, as if he still posed a great danger to them. They were right, at least in the long term.
LIFE AND ITS SURPRISES
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSLIES & PROPAGANDALIFE AND ITS SURPRISESLITERATURE & HUMANITIESVIRTUAL UNIVERSITY
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMARTS & FILMINDIVIDUALISMLIFE AND ITS SURPRISESLIFE UNDER CAPITALISM
ED CURTIN—So yes, I do think most people are victims. No one chooses their parents, or to be born into poverty, or to be discriminated against for one’s race, etc. No one chooses to have their genuine experience poisoned from childhood. No one chooses to be born into a mad society. This is all true. Some are luckier than others. Suicides, fast and slow, are victims. But not just victims. This is not about blame, but understanding. For those who commit to lives of slow suicide, to the squelching of their true selves and their consciences in the face of a rapacious and murderous society, there is always the chance they can break with the norm and go sane. Redemption is always possible. But it primarily involves overcoming the fear of death, a fear that manifests itself in the extreme need to preserve one’s life, so-called social identity, and sense of self by embracing social conventions…
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFELIFE AND ITS SURPRISESLIFE UNDER CAPITALISM
ED CURTIN—A pleasant life must be a just life, and if one is wise, and if one prevents people from harming or being harmed by others, one has chosen wisely and well. That is the way of the genuine actor.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFECRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYFALSE DEMOCRACYGREAT HYPOCRISYIMPERIALISMLIFE AND ITS SURPRISESNATO GANGSTERISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSRUSSIA & NOVOROSSIYARUSSIA DESKRUSSIAN MIGHTTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMES
THE SAKER—Putin inspired me to make a dramatic choice: will I stick…
- Andre VltchekANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSCampaignsIMPERIALISMLIFE AND ITS SURPRISESNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSPolitics
Andre Vltchek Itinerant Philosopher and Journalist esterday I watched Ms. Clinton on…