JOHN RACHEL—The difference is that neither China or Russia are trying to build some colossal offensive war machine. The major thrust of the defense spending for both of those countries is to DEFEND AGAINST a war of aggression. That’s where they put their money. And it takes a lot less money to defend a homeland, than to prepare to attack another country. Or to police an empire that stretches across the entire planet. A lot less!
- ABOMINATIONSSTUPID AMERICANSTHE PENTAGON-MEDIA COMPLEXWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWAR Mongers & ProfiteersWARMONGERING FOOLSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORYZIONCONS
- ABOMINATIONSSTUPID AMERICANSSYRIAUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSZIONCONS
ANDRE DAMON—Now, 17 years after September 11, 2001, Washington is preparing a major new war to protect fighters aligned with the very organization charged with carrying out the attack on the World Trade Center. This seemingly bewildering about-face expresses the real nature of the so-called “war on terror.” Leaving aside the unexplained circumstances surrounding the 9/11 attacks themselves, from its outset it was meant to dragoon public opinion behind wars of aggression long planned by Washington. The day after the 9/11 attacks, the World Socialist Web Site explained that “From the standpoint of the American government, the crusade against terrorism has been far more a campaign of propaganda to justify US military violence around the world than a conscientious effort to protect the American people.”
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTI-SEMITISMANTIFASCISTSBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBOURGEOIS VALUESBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMROTTEN GOVERNMENTSRUSSIA DESKSICK SOCIETYSTUPID AMERICANSTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESKZIONCONS
BILL VAN AUKEN—Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis Monday indicated that the more than 2,000 US troops presently deployed inside Syria would not be going anywhere anytime soon. “We do not want to pull out before the diplomats have won the peace,” he said. “You win the fight—and then you win the peace.”
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESPLUTOCRATIC POWERPLUTOCRATSROTTEN GOVERNMENTSRUSSIARUSSIA DESKSTUPID AMERICANSTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSTRUTH & TRUTHTELLERSUKRAINEUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALS
ERIC ZUESSE—We are now getting closer and closer to what, quite possibly, could turn out to be a war between U.S. and Russia — a world-ending World War III — and, therefore, I, as an investigative historian, am trying to understand, as accurately as I can, the historical origins of this potentially world-ending conflict, the ‘new Cold War’. In this regard, I am examining the event, the 2012 Magnitsky Act, in the United States (and then copied in the EU), which imposed the first set of economic sanctions against Russia, and thus may reasonably be said to have sparked ‘the new Cold War’.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYRUSSIA DESKSTUNTED IMAGINATIONSTUPID AMERICANSWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
ANN GARRISON—Craig Murray, former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan, writes on his blog that “The Novichok Story Is Indeed Another Iraqi WMD Scam .” The fifth and last point of his argument is: “The ‘Novichok’ program was in Uzbekistan, not in Russia. Its legacy was inherited by the Americans during their alliance with Karimov, not by the Russians.”