ARTURO GALLEGOS GARCIA—In their rhetoric this group depicts Iran as a “threat for Israel and to the region” (“Sicherheitsrisiko”) because of their supposed possession of weapons of mass destruction (yes! The good old reliable pretext!), its support for Hezbollah and its “imperialist” interventions in Syria and Yemen. They demand the cessation of a supposed tolerance or “appeasement” from the European Union towards the Iranian government. This has two equally wrong preconceptions. First that the EU has the moral authority to condemn foreign governments. And second that the EU is a force of peace and good in the world that has the responsibility of actively export this supposed superior model. The western´s old Delusion of Grandeur.
- BRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYThe LeftWASHINGTON'S VASSALS
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN STUDIESLEFT-LIBERALSLIFE UNDER CAPITALISMThe Left
CJ HOPKINS—he life of a professional political satirist is many things, but it is certainly never boring. Last week, for example, was particularly not boring. OK, I wasn’t called before a Senate committee to testify against a rapey nominee to the highest court in the United States, or smeared by the right-wing media for doing so, nothing that dramatic or consequential. No, while most Americans were parsing every “he said” and “she said” of the Kavanaugh hearings, I was embroiled in my own little sordid drama involving “going public,” and smears, and my colleagues attempting to assassinate my character, and so on.
- ABOMINATIONSGREECELEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSNEOCOLONIALISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSThe LeftTHE PENTAGON-MEDIA COMPLEXWORLD DESK
ALEX LANTIER—In warning the Greek workers about Syriza, the ICFI fought for the building of a revolutionary alternative. The experience of Syriza has underscored that only a return to the traditions of the Bolshevik Party and the October 1917 revolution can provide a viable strategy for the working class. In its statement “ The Political Lessons of Syriza’s Betrayal in Greece ,” the ICFI stressed: … the working class cannot defend itself by electing new, ‘left’ capitalist governments. The only way forward is through a genuinely revolutionary policy, mobilizing the working class in Greece and internationally in struggle. It requires a direct assault on the capitalist class, the confiscation of their wealth, the seizure of the major banks and productive forces, in order to place them under the democratic control of working people, and the creation of workers states across Europe and the world. Such struggles require the building of Marxist parties to offer political leadership to the working class, in ruthless struggle against parties like Syriza.
- ABOMINATIONSALT-RIGHTAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCHINACLASS ANALYSISCLASS STRUGGLEIMPERIALISMLEFT-LIBERALSSOCIALISM & COMMUNISMSOVIET UNIONThe Left
MIKE FAULKNER—What was particularly disturbing was the way in which most of those who regarded themselves as Marxist-Leninists made no attempt to apply Marxism in any meaningful way to what was happening. They seemed happy to accept whatever issued from Beijing as the truth. In fact, a prominent member of the editorial board of a publication with which I was connected told me that he thought it was our job to be clear about what the Chinese were saying and to repeat it in language more suited to an English readership. They often acted more like followers of a religious faith, accepting edicts from an infallible priesthood. This became impossible to accept when the Chinese leadership, on the basis of what was claimed to be the application of Mao’s theory of contradiction, came to the conclusion that the principal contradiction in the world was no longer the contradiction between the peoples of the world and imperialism, led by U.S. imperialism, but rather that between the peoples of the world and what they had now come to call “Soviet-Social Imperialism”.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESFALSE LEFTFIFTH COLUMNISTSFRAUDS & NON-LEFT LEFTIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIAL APOLOGISTS & COLLABOSIMPERIALISMMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMThe LeftTHE PENTAGON-MEDIA COMPLEX
DANNY HAIPHONG—”Media landscape in the West is evolving in one direction only: it is being increasingly, now almost exclusively, controlled by the corporate interests. Corporate interests, in turn, are controlling the state, in both Europe and North America. There is no democracy in the West: governments are being selected, not elected. Most of the media is upholding, glorifying this process. It is definitely not challenging it, philosophically and ideologically…”