MOA—Erdogan had planned to only occupy a 10 miles deep strip along the Syrian-Turkish border. Some 15,000 Turkish controlled ‘Syrian rebels’ stand ready for that. He would need some 50-100,000 troops to occupy all of east Syria northward of the Euphrates. It would be a hostile occupation among well armed Kurds who would oppose it and an Arab population that is not exactly friendly towards a neo-Ottoman Turkey. Erdogan knows this well.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCESYRIA & LEBANONTURKEYUS Foreign PolicyUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MilitaryUS MILITARYVASSAL STATES
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA DESKSCUMWATCHUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS Foreign PolicyUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MilitaryUS MILITARYWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWAR Mongers & ProfiteersZIONCONS
PAUL EDWARDS—After decades of proven baldfaced crime, deceit and the dirtiest pool at home and abroad, the CIA, FBI, NSA, the Justice Department and the whole foetid nomenklatura of sociopathic rats, are portrayed as white knights of virtue dispensing verity as holy writ. And “progressives” buy it.
- ISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISMSYRIA & LEBANONUS Foreign PolicyUS MilitaryWAR Mongers & ProfiteersWARMONGERING FOOLS
FEDERICO PIERACCINI—The F-35 program has already cost hundreds of billions of dollars and will soon reach the exorbitant and surreal figure of over 1 trillion dollars. It has already been sold to dozens of countries bound by decades-long agreements. The F-35 has been developed as a multi-role fighter and is expected to be the future backbone of NATO and her allies. Its development began more than 10 years ago and, despite the countless problems that still exist, it is already airborne and combat-ready, as the Israelis insist. From the US point of view, its employment in operations is played down and otherwise concealed. The less data available to opponents, the better; though the real reason may lie in a strong fear of any revelation of potential weaknesses of the aircraft damaging future sales.
- ABOMINATIONSINTERNATIONAL BRAINWASHISRAELISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISMTHE PENTAGON-MEDIA COMPLEXTHE WESTUS Foreign PolicyUS Military
Jordan, for its part, [as a longtime satellite of the West in the region] has also acknowledged that it allowed the UN to arrange for the entry and passage of 800 Syrian “civil defense workers,” according to Reuters, citing Mohammad al-Kayed, spokesman for the Kingdom’s Foreign Ministry. The Jordanian authorities later revisited the numbers, saying that only 422 White Helmets members have actually made it into the country.
- ABOMINATIONSANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSUS Foreign PolicyUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESUS MilitaryUS MILITARY
PHIL GIRALDI—First of all, an anti-missile interceptor must hit its target head on or nearly so and it must either actually strike the target or explode its own warhead at a close enough distance to be effective. Both objectives are difficult to achieve. An Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) travels at 5,000 meters per second. By way of comparison a bullet fired from a rifle travels at about one fifth that speed. Imagine two men with rifles standing a mile apart and firing their weapons in an attempt to have the bullets meet head on. Multiply the speed by five if one is referring to missiles, not bullets. Even using the finest radars and sensors as well as the most advanced guidance technologies, the variables involved make it much more likely that there will be a miss than a hit. Cirincione observes that “…the only way to hit a bullet is if the bullet cooperates.”