DAN STEINBOCK—as Duterte has recalibrated Philippines ties with the US in security and with China in the infrastructure, the country is positioned to grow at 6-7% annually for years. These realities are fully ignored in Bremmer’s pieces for Time, along with Duterte’s democratic and huge popular support – and by other global media that failed to report on the darker side of the Aquino era, its massive graft, proliferation of drugs, and high-profile corruption debacles.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMTHE PHILIPPINESTRUE JOURNALISM
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFETHE PHILIPPINESUN ORGANIZATIONSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWASHINGTON'S VASSALSWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWORLD DESK
DAN STEINBOCK—Since Duterte’s democratic 2016 election victory, critics have accused the government of facilitating extrajudicial killings and other rights abuses to stamp out illegal drugs. These accusations have often relied on flawed data and misguided reports. Moreover, Philippine polls indicate that more than 70 percent of Filipinos stand behind Duterte and are more satisfied with his government than any previous one. Yet in March, the controversial UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Prince Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, joined the ICC debacle saying that Duterte needed a psychiatric evaluation.
- Andre VltchekANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSTHE PHILIPPINES
Andre Vltchek Itinerant Philosopher and Journalist [Photo: Rodrigo Duterte] odrigo Duterte, the outspoken President of…
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN STUDIESASIA AFFAIRSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCHINAIMPERIALISMINDIATHE PHILIPPINESUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIETNAMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
By Andrew KORYBKO (USA) he US’ Pivot to Asia (P2A) is obviously aimed against…
- CAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCENTRAL ASIACHINATHE PHILIPPINESUS Foreign PolicyUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
Tomgram: Can China and Russia Squeeze Washington Out of Eurasia? Pepe Escobar | Via Tom…