PAUL MITCHELL—What it is, at heart, however, is a superficial, rose-tinted soap opera that adds up to a crude distortion of history. It is a far cry from the reality—profoundly, extensively and subtly criticised by many socialists and artists who lived during the period. The series reflects the protracted decline of drama production and culture generally, the turn away from any interest or engagement with great social problems and the conditions of wide layers of the population.
- CLASS ANALYSISCLASS COLLABORATIONCLASS STRUGGLECULTURE & CRITICISM
- ABOMINATIONSBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBOURGEOIS FEMINISTSBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACLASS ANALYSISCLASS COLLABORATIONCORPORATE CRIMINALITYCORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCRIMINALS & DISINFORMERSFALSE LEFTFRENCH IMPERIALIST COLLABORATIONGLOBAL NEOLIBERALISMGREAT HYPOCRISYIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIALISMMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMMIC/ PENTAGON MACHINENATO GANGSTERISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSVIDEOSVIRTUALUNIVWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESKZIONCONS
We speak to political commentator Jimmy Dore on the Mueller report’s summary showing no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, he says the media has no credibility and is bought by the people they’re supposed to be investigating, says the failure of the American neoliberal system led to Donald Trump and gives his take on US regime change attempts in Venezuela.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFECAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCLASS ANALYSISCLASS COLLABORATION
TEODROSE FIKRE—The kick led to this political education: the status quo does not endorse true change agents neither do plutocrats promote people that care about us. Bush, Obama, Trump, Harris, Hannity, Van Jones, the litany of duplicitous imps who are propagated by the establishment as working class champions are too many to list. But these people did not get afforded the stage and get accorded platforms without a reason.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCLASS COLLABORATIONIDIOTIZED PUBLICSIMPERIAL WHORESIMPERIALISMIRANMEDIA FRONTMEDIA LIESMEDIA SCOUNDRELSNEOCOLONIALISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALS
DAVID W. PEAR—In 1978 Amnesty International reported that nothing had changed for the better in Iran. Even the mention of the word SAVAK was enough to send chills down the backs of Iranians.
The explosion of the Iranian Revolution of 1979, the Hostage Crisis and the animosity of the Iranian people towards the US government was the direct result and blowback from 25 years of the US coddling and sheltering its shah puppet. As Kermit Roosevelt who was the CIA station chief in Tehran in 1953 said of the Shah: “He’s our boy”. It was Roosevelt who engineered and implemented the coup that brought the Shah to power. The codename for the coup was Operation Ajax.
- ABOMINATIONSCLASS COLLABORATIONFRENCHFRENCH CRYPTOFASCISMFRENCH IMPERIALIST COLLABORATION
ALEX LANTIER—It is clear that the main task Mélenchon sets himself in this crisis is to rescue and defend the Macron government amid a deep, potentially fatal crisis. He warns the reader of the potential “refusal of the security forces to obey orders” to crack down on the protests, adding: “Of course such fragility does not come from nowhere. That is the case now. Thousands of hours of unpaid overtime, over 100 suicides in the police, just as many in the other security agencies, tense trade union elections in a few days, everywhere the situation is explosive.”