Roy Cohn, one of McCarthy’s most notorious legal henchmen, and a shady operator, political blackmailer, fixer extraordinaire, and self-hating closeted gay, is in the news again with two new documentaries about him, Bully. Coward. Victim. The Story of Roy Cohn, by Ivy Meeropol, granddaughter of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, and the sure to be more successful, the more mainstream produced and distributed Where’s My Roy Cohn?, by Matt Tyrnauer. In view of this, we thought you might want to have a look at this film
- AMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYCORPORATE FASCISMMEDIA SCOUNDRELSROTTEN CULTURE
- ABOMINATIONSPLUTOCRATIC POWERPOLICE & REPRESSIONPOLICE STATERACISMROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTSCUMWATCH
MIKE SIEGEL—The proposed bill would create a broad definition of “domestic terrorism” to include any attempt to “affect” or “influence” government policy or actions. And it would include property damage—even attempted property damage—as a terrorist act subject to a 25-year prison sentence. In other words, if you opposed the Dakota Access pipeline at Standing Rock and wanted the government to revoke the pipeline permit, you might be considered a terrorist. If you painted “Black Lives Matter” on a wall to advocate against police violence, that could be terrorism, too.
- ABOMINATIONSMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN GOVERNMENTSUNDER SUSPICIONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATESWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
SCOTT PATRICK—Complaints about authoritarianism and the quashing of dissent ring hollow when the U.S. just conducted a major sales deal with Saudi Arabia, a repressive monarchy that only just months ago had one of its most prominent critics, journalist Jamal Khashoggi, murdered in Turkey.
It is also unreasonable to expect either Chavez or Maduro to have diversified the economy, fulfilled their promises to help the poor, and heal the country’s social divisions while the Venezuelan opposition was simultaneously attempting to overthrow their democratically-elected governments (with not-so-clandestine U.S. support). Yet this is implied in U.S. media coverage as the path they should have taken, and no alternative view is investigated or offered.
- AMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYMEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMNATO GANGSTERISMNEOLIBERALISMROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTROTTEN GOVERNMENTSRUSSIA & NOVOROSSIYARUSSIA DESK
Today, we the people tend to ignore the fact that Russia is the only country in the world capable of reducing the United States and/or Europe to ashes within 30 minutes. We lack any sense of the risks of war that arise from the operations of our military forces in close proximity with Russian and their proxy forces in Syria, in Ukraine…and possibly soon in Venezuela. This, under conditions of near absence of reliable communications between our civilian and military leaderships and total lack of mutual trust between all parties.
- ABOMINATIONSBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSPLUTOCRATIC POWERPLUTOCRATSROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA DESKRUSSIAN MIGHT
RS AHTHION—The British (and American) ruling classes barely denazified West Germany. From 1949 to 1973, 90 of the 170 leading judges and lawyers in the West German Justice Ministry were former members of the Nazi Party. Of them, 34 were former Sturmabteilung (SA). The SA being the paramilitary group which assisted Hitler in his rise and took part in Kristallnacht, the violent night that killed 91 Jews.