CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—Saudi Arabia is a US ally, and a very close one indeed. Its petrodollar deal, its prime strategic location and its ability to move vast amounts of wealth around behind a veil of total government opacity in the facilitation of sociopathic agendas has made it a priceless asset in the US-centralized empire’s relentless quest for global domination. This remains true in spite of whatever particular quibbles that empire might happen to have with MBS, and in spite of any journalists’ unfortunate encounters with any bone saws.
ASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALS
- ABOMINATIONSASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALSBACKWARD TRADITIONSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDADEEP STATEEUROPEAN UNIONSAUDI ARABIAN MEDIEVALISMSAUDI CONNECTION
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALS
America’s Allies Against Russia & Iran: Main U.S. allies are Saudi Arabia, UAE, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Israel, & Nazis
ERIC ZUESSE—To understand the Deep State, its basic ideological principles need to be recognized. Under Hitler, hereditary rights and obligations were publicly recognized; and democracy, the rule over a land by the residents on that land, was publicly condemned. Not only the hereditary principle, but the imperialistic principle, the right of foreign conquest, was publicly honored. The two principles go naturally together. The main reason why the Sauds and the other (all of them fundamentalist Sunnis) Arab kings, want to conquer Iran, is that Shia Islam denies the right of hereditary rule. (This is also why in Syria, Bashar al-Assad claims no hereditary right to rule; if he were to do otherwise, he’d violate Shia Islam and he would be rejected by Iran.) The main reason why America’s aristocracy wants to conquer Russia (other than the latter’s natural-resources wealth, which has always been a reason) is that Vladimir Putin insists that only the residents in a land should possess sovereignty there, but the U.S. and British aristocracies insist upon the right to conquer foreign lands.
- ABOMINATIONSANTI-CORPORATISMASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALSCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDA
ANDRE DAMON—The anti-Russia, anti-Trump campaign, while resonating with sections of the political establishment and the affluent upper-middle class, has left the general population cold. But now, the anti-Russian narrative has suddenly been superseded by mounting popular anger over real crimes committed by the Trump government: the torture and imprisonment of children; the construction of concentration camps; threats to dispense with due process.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-NEOLIBERALISMASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALSBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACORPORATE OWNED PARTIES
ANDRE DAMON—The campaign against “Fake News” was initiated in November 2016, immediately following the 2016 election, by the US intelligence agencies, the Democratic Party, and the major technology giants. This cabal, shocked by the electoral defeat of Hillary Clinton, the favored candidate of the military/intelligence apparatus, and the widespread support for socialist ideas reflected in broad support for the campaign of Bernie Sanders, initiated a media offensive aimed at pinning the growth of social opposition on an amorphous, and rarely defined, concept called “fake news.”
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIFASCISTSANTIWARASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALSBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVASSAL STATESVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWARMONGERING FOOLSWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWORLD DESKZIONCONS
THE WSWS.ORG EDITORS—The propaganda campaign justifying the attack on Syria was concocted to provide a pretext for a massive military onslaught—not one-off missile strikes.
Facing the prospect of a military rout of its Islamist proxy forces fighting to overthrow the Syrian government, the decision for an escalation was made in Washington and London, and it was left to the CIA, MI6 and their Syrian agents to manufacture a pretext.