RYAN GUNDERSON—It is fitting that the far right are most attracted to the cultural-Marxist boogeyman tale discussed above, not only because a group of radical Jewish academic refugees of Nazism is an ideal scapegoat for anti-Semitic reactionaries, but also because the Frankfurt School’s research on the fascist’s and “potential fascist” pseudo-conservative’s personality and ideology still depicts the modern authoritarian personality’s character and worldview with eerie accuracy.
POLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIES
- CAPITALIST SICKNESSPHILOSOPHYPOLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIES
- ABOMINATIONSCORPORATE CRIMESCORPORATE FASCISMDEEP STATEPOLICE & REPRESSIONPOLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIES
CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—The word “conspire” is defined by Merriam-Webster as “to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement”. No sane person would deny that this is a thing that happens, nor that this is likely a thing that happens to some extent among the powerful in their own nation. This by itself is a theory about conspiracy per definition, and it accurately applies to pretty much everyone. Since it applies to pretty much everyone, the label is essentially meaningless, either as a pejorative or as anything else.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-NEOLIBERALISMPOLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIESPOLITICAL WHORES
EMILE SCHEPERS—Agent provocateur tactics surfaced again during the protests against the Iraq War, and in the “Occupy” movement. In each case, glib charismatic strangers wormed their way into protest organizations, and then entrapped inexperienced young radicals to get involved in plans, which were sometimes really just talk, to engage in violence. A typical case is that of the “Cleveland bomb plot” of 2012. Another is the San Francisco Mission District riot of May 2012, when a mysterious black-clad contingent hijacked part of a peaceful “Occupy” demonstration and turned it toward random violence. In both cases, the purpose of the provocateurs was to discredit the movement in the eyes of the public, which otherwise might have been receptive to Occupy’s “99 percent versus one percent” message.
- ABOMINATIONSPOLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIESPOLITICAL CURRENTSPRESSTITUTESRADICAL VOICESREAL DEMOCRACYREAL JOURNALISMREFORM VS REVOLUTIONRESISTANCEREVOLUTIONRIGHT-LEFT STRUGGLE
Dr. Steve Turley: Analyzing the worldwide blowback against globalization and its secular aristocracy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License ALL CAPTIONS…
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYPOLITICAL CONFUSION & CONSPIRACIES
PAUL EDWARDS—We’ve been force-fed bullshit by ruling elites forever and, though bullshit is not nonsense, it’s the perfect cover for it. Nonsense, by definition, has no rational basis and makes no sense. Bullshit, in contrast, is often coherent and plausible and disseminated by authority. It has caused Americans to embrace reams of pernicious nonsense immeasurably ruinous to them.