Journalist Chris Hedges interviews former combat veteran and US Army officer, Spenser Rapone about bravery and morality. The second lieutenant was given an “other than honorable” discharge June 18 after an Army investigation determined that he “went online to promote a socialist revolution and disparage high-ranking officers” and thereby had engaged in “conduct unbecoming an officer.”
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESANTIWARCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSIMPERIALISMUS MILITARYVIDEOSVIRTUALUNIVWITNESSES TO HISTORYWORLD DESK
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANTI-CORPORATISMANTIWAR
ZERO HEDGE—“We don’t want the Americans. It’s occupation” — a Syrian resident in US-controlled Raqqa told Stars and Stripes military newspaper. This as the Washington Post noted this week that “U.S. troops will now stay in Syria indefinitely, controlling a third of the country and facing peril on many fronts.”
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-LEARNING AND INTELLECTUALISMANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWAR
RON ARONSON—Sartre’s notion of freedom asks that we take responsibility for situations we did not create, and then makes us responsible for what we do about them.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESANTIWAR
PAUL BOND—Jackson has dedicated They Shall Not Grow Old to a grandfather who survived the war, and two relatives who did not. His is a reaction against the war’s horrors rather than a broader political comprehension of the reasons for it. He admits that the film does not “talk about any historical aspects of the war … we just talk about the social experience of being in this war, and the human experience.”
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWARUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIDEOVIDEOS
Michael Parenti answers a question about Bernie Sanders. A fair evaluation.