As expected, the corporate media and many politicians are spreading lies to justify the murders and further aggression towards Iran. It is important for us to understand the facts so we can respond to this misinformation and avoid being lied into yet another war.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIWAR
- ACTIVISTS & HEROESAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIFASCISTSANTIWAR
BONNIE CARACCIOLO—I do not believe in war. Saying that I do not believe in war is not the same as saying “I don’t support the troops”. That is a ploy to make those who are against war seem like unpatriotic ingrates. What it means is- I don’t believe in subsidizing young people to go halfway across the planet to kill other young people and unarmed civilians who are, today, 80% of casualties in ‘modern warfare’.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWARUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALS
ED CURTIN—Hedges omits mentioning the Clinton administration’s dismantling wars against Yugoslavia, including 78 days of non-stop bombing of Serbia in 1999 that killed thousands of innocent people in the name of “humanitarian intervention,” wars he covered for the New York Times, the paper he has come to castigate and the paper that has a long history of doing the CIA’s bidding.
- AMERICAN STUDIESANNOTATED NEWSANTI-CORPORATISMANTIWARASSHOLES, BASTARDS & CRIMINALSBATTLE OF COMMUNICATIONSCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCLASS STRUGGLECORPORATE OWNED PARTIES
When you consider Obama’s record after four years in office–a multi-trillion-dollar bailout of Wall Street, the continuing “war on terror,” more civil liberties shredded, the Employee Free Choice Act abandoned, deportations on the rise, a deepening assault on public schools–the answer has to be no. The list of broken promises and betrayed hopes goes on and on, outweighing anything that could be described as progress.
- ANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTIWARMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUM
In his intro, Lee dissects the scandalous way in which mainstream media trivialise news, assign top billing to banalities such as sports and political gossip, and generally squander mass communications, a precious resource at a moment when our planet is dying. And then he gets to interview Danny Haiphong, a leading young radical intellectual and historian affiliated with Black Agenda Report.