GROVER FURR—Soviet leaders, Stalin among them, decided that the only solution was to reorganize agriculture on the basis of large factory-type farms like some in the American Midwest, which were deliberately adopted as models. When sovkhozy or “Soviet farms” appeared to work well the Soviet leadership made the decision to collectivize agriculture. Contrary to anticommunist propaganda, most peasants accepted collectivization. Resistance was modest; acts of outright rebellion rare. By 1932 Soviet agriculture, including in the Ukrainian SSR, was largely collectivized.
- AMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTIFASCISTSANTIWARBOURGEOIS VALUESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISRIGHTWING & WACKOSROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA DESKSOVIET UNIONTRUTH & TRUTHTELLERSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWORLD DESK
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTIWAR
CHIS HEDGES—Gen. Douglas Haig—One of the great butchers of modern war. Haig, the British commander in chief, who resisted innovations such as the tank, the airplane and the machine gun, which he called “a much overrated weapon.” He believed the cavalry would play the decisive role in winning the war. Haig, in the Battle of the Somme, oversaw 60,000 casualties on the first day of the offensive, July 1, 1916. None of his military objectives were achieved. Twenty thousand lay dead between the lines. The wounded cried out for days. This did not dampen Haig’s ardor to sacrifice his soldiers.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTIFASCISTSANTIWARAPPEALS TO CONSCIENCEBATTLE OF COMMUNICATIONSBETTER HUMANITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST SYSTEMIC POVERTYCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACORPORATE FASCISMCORPORATE MENTALITYCORPORATE OWNED PARTIESCORPORATE WHORESCRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYCULTURE & CRITICISMCULTURE & HISTORYVIDEOS
Peter Joseph is the founder of the Zeitgeist Movement, a grassroots, worldwide organization that advocates an alternative economic system based on sustainability, cooperation and human need. His most recent book, ‘The New Human Rights Movement,’ delivers a startling exposé about the violent oppression that defines our economic order, while issuing an urgent call for global activism to unite to replace it. Abby Martin sits down with Joseph to talk about the contradictions and crises of capitalism and what he advocates to save the future of the planet from catastrophe.
- ABOMINATIONSACADEMIC WHORESANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWARCIA / INTEL AGENCIESCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIATHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIRTUALUNIVZIONCONS
ED CURTIN—The corporate mass media take their orders, orders that need not be direct, but sometimes are, because these media are structured to do the bidding of the same elites that formed the CIA and own the media. And while their ostensible raison d’ȇtre is to provide intelligence to the nation’s civilian leaders, this is essentially a cover story for their real work that is propaganda, killing, and conducting coups d’états at home and abroad.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANNOTATED NEWSANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIWARBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVENEZUELAVIRTUALUNIVWAR CRIMES & CRIMINALSWASHINGTON'S VASSALSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWITNESSES TO HISTORY
DAVID W. PEAR—The Lima Group’s members are Argentina, Brazil, Canada (?), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay and Peru. Most of the members of the Lima Group are disqualified from judging anybody else, because of their own miserable records on democracy and human rights. Most of the members of the group are rightwing governments. Leftwing governments were left out purposely, except by accident. Canada should not even be a member. The Lima Group is for the most part mafia states, and they are doing the enforcement work for their USA godfather.