ADAM SCHATZ—I used to call myself a non-Zionist, rather than an anti-Zionist: the latter term seemed to traduce the origins of Zionism, which arose as a response to the existential threat to Jewish life in Europe. ‘Anti-Zionism’ overlooked the richness of the debates within early Zionism. The ‘cultural Zionist’ Ahad Ha’am, for example, supported the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine, but not a Jewish state, and castigated ‘territorial’ Zionists for imagining that ‘Palestine is a land almost entirely deserted, an uncultivated desert,’ and that ‘the Arabs are desert savages, a people like donkeys, incapable of seeing and understanding what is happening around them. This is a great mistake.’ One of the founders of bi-nationalism – what’s now envisaged as a single state, accommodating both people’s national aspirations – Ha’am considered himself a Zionist. So did the journalist and activist Uri Avnery, one of the fiercest critics of Israel’s wars and occupation, who died last year, aged 94. But these ‘Zionists’ do not represent actually existing Zionism.
- ABOMINATIONSIMPERIALISMISRAELISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISMJEWISH QUESTIONS
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESIDEOLOGICAL STRUGGLE
MAX PARRY—What has been downplayed by the yellow press is the specific brand of Islamophobic extremism that was the basis of Tarrant’s attacks. His ideology is revealed in a 73-page manifesto, entitled “The Great Replacement” in reference to the ‘white genocide’ theory held by white nationalist identitarians, which he dispatched less than ten minutes prior to the ambush in emails to several media outlets and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s office.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTIWARBOUGHT POLITICIANS & PHONIESBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACOLONIALISMIRANISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISM
RT.COM DISPATCH [dropcap]A[/dropcap] top commander warned that Iran is ready for an all-out war…
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBATTLE OF COMMUNICATIONSCITIZENS' MEDIACRIMINAL FOREIGN POLICYIMPERIALISMISRAELISRAELI EXCEPTIONALISMPALESTINIANS
‘US won’t decide our policies’ – Sweden on Palestinian state recognition RT.COM DISPATCH A…
- ANNOTATED NEWSANTI-CORPORATISMANTIWARARTS & FILMBLACK OPS & FALSE FLAGSCITIZEN TOOLSCULTURE & CRITICISMGREAT HYPOCRISYIRANISRAELLIBERAL BETRAYALSPUTRID CORPOMEDIA
TIFF*: Cultural Starwars by Eric Walberg Originally Posted: September 13, 2012 in Eric Walberg,…