RAINER SHEA—But while it’s certain that the next decade will see great efforts to reject the current system, a vision for what we want society to look like next hasn’t yet been adequately articulated. This clarification of our collective goal for the future is where the anti-capitalist movement will be needed. We can’t water down our demands and accept a setup where capitalism continues with some reforms. We need to infuse our protests with an explicitly pro-socialist message, which can be articulated through signs at demonstrations, posts on blogs and social media, and public statements on behalf of the protesters. The world’s poor and working people must unite under an agenda which includes taking the means of production away from the capitalist class.
- CAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSREVOLUTION
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFE
The Democratic Party’s leadership is clearly beholden to the political center [right and the interests of their wealthy donors—as is evident from their lack of support for the Medicare for All bill. Democrats in the House and Senate are increasingly coming out in support of the Medicare for All bill, which Bernie Sanders is set to introduce on Wednesday afternoon. But instead of riding this wave of progressive support and the popularity of Medicare for All to draw a significant contrast against Trump and the Republican party, Democratic Party leaders are obstructing its momentum.
- ABOMINATIONSACTIVISTS & HEROESANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANIMAL MARTYRDOMAnimal RightsAnimal sacrificeAnimals in ResearchCITIZEN TOOLSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIADEBASED HUMANITYECOANIMALENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESNATUREVIDEOVIDEO-APFVIDEOS
WOLF CLIFTON—Although laws regulating human treatment of animals are common worldwide, only a few recognize animals as having legal rights of their own. If the Sindh Welfare and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act is passed, the Pakistani province will join Switzerland, Germany, Spain, India, New Zealand, Argentina, and Colombia, becoming one of a small but growing number of jurisdictions to acknowledge that animals are sentient persons rather than mere objects to be used.
- AMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTROTTEN GOVERNMENTSRUSSIA & NOVOROSSIYARUSSIA DESKSAUDI CONNECTIONSTUPID AMERICANSSYRIATURKEYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
RT.COM had it right 5 years ago: The war of images – video of Syrian events, and their interpretation
Published time: 21 Oct, 2011 The unrest engulfing Syria is mirrored in the internet…
- AsiaAustralia & Pacific IslandsCurrent EventsFood & AgricultureFur & ClothingMarine AnimalsNorth AmericaOpinionsPoliticsWild Animals
By empowering multinational corporations to sue governments for loss of “expected future profits,” the TPP puts animal welfare laws at the mercy of big money.