In this episode, we sat down with the man, the myth, the legend: Grover Furr himself. We chatted about his newest book, Stalin: Waiting for…the Truth, which is a clap-back at Stephen Kotkin’s dishonest biography “Stalin: Waiting for Hitler”. We also talked about Anti-communism in general, as well as the importance of Stalin’s legacy and why he isn’t, as many people accuse him of, a “Stalin apologist.” It’s spicy as hell, so buckle up.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMANTI-COMMUNISMSOVIET UNION
- AMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTIFASCISTSANTIWARBOURGEOIS VALUESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISRIGHTWING & WACKOSROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA DESKSOVIET UNIONTRUTH & TRUTHTELLERSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWORLD DESK
GROVER FURR—Soviet leaders, Stalin among them, decided that the only solution was to reorganize agriculture on the basis of large factory-type farms like some in the American Midwest, which were deliberately adopted as models. When sovkhozy or “Soviet farms” appeared to work well the Soviet leadership made the decision to collectivize agriculture. Contrary to anticommunist propaganda, most peasants accepted collectivization. Resistance was modest; acts of outright rebellion rare. By 1932 Soviet agriculture, including in the Ukrainian SSR, was largely collectivized.
- AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAANTI-COMMUNISMANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-NEOLIBERALISMCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSRUSSIA & NOVOROSSIYASOVIET UNIONTRUE HISTORYUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISY
MICHAEL PARENTI’s classic analysis of the ovetrthrow of communism at the hands of Western economic, military and above all, propaganda assault, designed to exploit the weaknesses developed in the Soviet System.
- MEDIA FRONTMEDIA SCOUNDRELSMEDIA SCUMSOVIET UNIONUS EXCEPTIONALISMUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESVIDEOVIDEOSVIRTUALUNIV
Why was Hitler so well treated by the Western media for so long, even after war was declared by the allies in 1939? Why did so many powerful and rich people in France and Great Britain and the US had a warm opinion of both Hitler and Mussolini? Class interest explans it all, suggests Parenti.
- ABOMINATIONSALT-RIGHTAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSBRITISH DEVIOUSNESSBRITISH/ EU/ NATO COMPLICITYCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST SICKNESSCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCHINACLASS ANALYSISCLASS STRUGGLEIMPERIALISMLEFT-LIBERALSSOCIALISM & COMMUNISMSOVIET UNIONThe Left
MIKE FAULKNER—What was particularly disturbing was the way in which most of those who regarded themselves as Marxist-Leninists made no attempt to apply Marxism in any meaningful way to what was happening. They seemed happy to accept whatever issued from Beijing as the truth. In fact, a prominent member of the editorial board of a publication with which I was connected told me that he thought it was our job to be clear about what the Chinese were saying and to repeat it in language more suited to an English readership. They often acted more like followers of a religious faith, accepting edicts from an infallible priesthood. This became impossible to accept when the Chinese leadership, on the basis of what was claimed to be the application of Mao’s theory of contradiction, came to the conclusion that the principal contradiction in the world was no longer the contradiction between the peoples of the world and imperialism, led by U.S. imperialism, but rather that between the peoples of the world and what they had now come to call “Soviet-Social Imperialism”.