JEFF J. BROWN—As far as Baba Beijing working with Rome to normalize relations and the appointment of bishops, like you, I’m no fan of the imperial Vatican, historically and currently. But there are millions of Chinese in underground churches (which I have witnessed first-hand, as well as gone to public churches) and because of the current Vatican-Beijing impasse, many of them are Catholic. The CPC (nor the people) will never forgive Western churches for their critical role in maintaining China’s century of humiliation, 1839-1949. But Xi realizes that to bring transparency to China’s religious groups and sects, Baba must normalize relations with the Pope.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESASIA AFFAIRSCHINACHINESE WAY OF LIFECITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSIS
- ABOMINATIONSANIMAL DEFENDERSANIMAL EXPLOITERSANIMAL LIVESANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMAsiaASIA AFFAIRSAustralia & Pacific IslandsENVIRONMENTAL STRUGGLESINDONESIAPLUTOCRATIC POWERROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTROTTEN GOVERNMENTSSAVING THE PLANETVIETNAM
ANDRE VLTCHEK—hat has been done to Indonesian-controlled Papua by Indonesian companies and by Western multi-national mining conglomerates is indescribable. Apart from committing genocide against the local population, the entire half of this tremendous island, which used to be inhabited by hundreds of local tribes, is now being ‘exposed’, forced open, and literally raped. Of course, as an anti-Communist warrior and obedient pro-business client state, Indonesia is almost never criticized by the West. The genocides it has been committing since 1965 are either sponsored or at least supported from Washington, London and Canberra.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN STUDIESASIA AFFAIRSCHINACITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDA
F. W. ENGDHAL—During the Cold War, the ability of both sides—the Warsaw Pact and NATO—to mutually annihilate one another, had led to a nuclear stalemate dubbed by military strategists, MAD—Mutually Assured Destruction. It was scary but, in a bizarre sense, more stable than what would come later with a unilateral US pursuit of nuclear primacy. MAD was based on the prospect of mutual nuclear annihilation with no decisive advantage for either side; it led to a world in which nuclear war had been ‘unthinkable.’
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYASIA AFFAIRSKOREA/NORTH KOREAUS GOVERNMENT CRIMES
SERAPHIM HANISCH—This naturally is a very hopeful sign for Korean people on both sides of the DMZ, but the Americans remain unimpressed, to say the least. The rhetoric from the US President Donald Trump has been strongly supported in equally strong statements by Mr. Pence, both in deed (he was to have brought with him the father of Otto Warmbier, the American student who died just days after being returned to the USA in a coma following imprisonment in North Korea.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESASIA AFFAIRSKOREA/NORTH KOREAUS GOVERNMENT CRIMESWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYZIONCONS
STEPHEN LENDMAN—Trump disgracefully calls Kim a “madman,” a characterization applying to him, not North Korea’s leader, his country’s security gravely threatened by possible US aggression. In a New Year’s address, Kim showed he wants peace, not war. He’s “open to dialogue” with Seoul, a willingness to participate in the February Olympics…