CJ HOPKINS—he life of a professional political satirist is many things, but it is certainly never boring. Last week, for example, was particularly not boring. OK, I wasn’t called before a Senate committee to testify against a rapey nominee to the highest court in the United States, or smeared by the right-wing media for doing so, nothing that dramatic or consequential. No, while most Americans were parsing every “he said” and “she said” of the Kavanaugh hearings, I was embroiled in my own little sordid drama involving “going public,” and smears, and my colleagues attempting to assassinate my character, and so on.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN STUDIESLEFT-LIBERALSLIFE UNDER CAPITALISMThe Left
- ABOMINATIONSGREECELEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSNEOCOLONIALISMNEOCONS & NEOLIBERALSTHE GLOBAL RULING CLASSThe LeftTHE PENTAGON-MEDIA COMPLEXWORLD DESK
ALEX LANTIER—In warning the Greek workers about Syriza, the ICFI fought for the building of a revolutionary alternative. The experience of Syriza has underscored that only a return to the traditions of the Bolshevik Party and the October 1917 revolution can provide a viable strategy for the working class. In its statement “ The Political Lessons of Syriza’s Betrayal in Greece ,” the ICFI stressed: … the working class cannot defend itself by electing new, ‘left’ capitalist governments. The only way forward is through a genuinely revolutionary policy, mobilizing the working class in Greece and internationally in struggle. It requires a direct assault on the capitalist class, the confiscation of their wealth, the seizure of the major banks and productive forces, in order to place them under the democratic control of working people, and the creation of workers states across Europe and the world. Such struggles require the building of Marxist parties to offer political leadership to the working class, in ruthless struggle against parties like Syriza.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESJEWISH QUESTIONSLEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSLIBERAL IDIOCY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License ALL CAPTIONS…
- AMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-CORPORATISMANTI-NEOLIBERALISMANTIFASCISTSANTIWARBOURGEOIS FEMINISTSBOURGEOIS LEFTBOURGEOIS VALUESLEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSLIBERAL IDIOCYLIFE UNDER CAPITALISM
The Left Needs More Critical Debate and Real Discussion, Less Twitter/Facebook Name Calling and Mic Drops
BRUCE DIXON—So-called social media, as Jodi Dean and others have explained for years, is NOT our friend. It’s not even social, except in the sense that it hijacks the social interactions of millions and turns them into private property, into marketing data and makes the owners of that data into billionaires. That’s not good. Even worse, we have allowed the parasitic marketing platforms of communicative capitalism to teach us how to interact with each other.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEBOURGEOIS LEFTBOURGEOIS VALUESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISCULTURE & CRITICISMFALSE LEFTINDECENT SLIMEBALLSLEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSRIGHT-LEFT STRUGGLERIGHTWING & WACKOS
DIANA JOHNSTONE—Historically, Westernizers in Russia have repeatedly gained influence and then lost out, because their overtures to the West were rebuffed on one pretext or another. (The British geopolitical tradition, based on the timeless dictum divide et impera, has traditionally favored policies to keep the continent divided) This merges easily with the Brzezinski doctrine of maintaining separation between Western Europe as a whole and Russia to maintain U.S. global hegemony. Western rejection of Russia naturally favors a rise of the Slavophiles. It also obliges Russia to look to Eurasia rather than Western Europe. This is happening again.