GROVER FURR—Soviet leaders, Stalin among them, decided that the only solution was to reorganize agriculture on the basis of large factory-type farms like some in the American Midwest, which were deliberately adopted as models. When sovkhozy or “Soviet farms” appeared to work well the Soviet leadership made the decision to collectivize agriculture. Contrary to anticommunist propaganda, most peasants accepted collectivization. Resistance was modest; acts of outright rebellion rare. By 1932 Soviet agriculture, including in the Ukrainian SSR, was largely collectivized.
RIGHTWING & WACKOS
- AMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMNESIA - MEMORY HOLEANGLO-AMERICAN ALLIANCEANTIFASCISTSANTIWARBOURGEOIS VALUESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST TENTACLES & FRONTSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISRIGHTWING & WACKOSROTTEN ESTABLISHMENTRUSSIA DESKSOVIET UNIONTRUTH & TRUTHTELLERSWESTERN EXCEPTIONALISMWESTERN MEDDLING & HYPOCRISYWORLD DESK
- ABOMINATIONSRIGHT-LEFT STRUGGLERIGHTWING & WACKOS
TED RALL—Most cops are conservative. Quite a few are far, far right. “Federal law enforcement agencies in general — the FBI, the Marshals, the ATF — are aware that [right-wing] extremists have infiltrated state and local law enforcement agencies and that there are people in law enforcement agencies that may be sympathetic to these groups,” said Daryl Johnson, lead researcher on an Obama-era DHS report. The FBI was concerned, Johnson said last year, but local police departments don’t seem to care.
- ABOMINATIONSAMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEBOURGEOIS LEFTBOURGEOIS VALUESCAPITALISM & SOCIALISMCAPITALIST FRONTSCAPITALIST SICKNESSCITIZENS COUNTER-PROPAGANDACITIZENS' MEDIACLASS ANALYSISCULTURE & CRITICISMFALSE LEFTINDECENT SLIMEBALLSLEFT-LIBERALSLIBERAL BETRAYALSRIGHT-LEFT STRUGGLERIGHTWING & WACKOS
DIANA JOHNSTONE—Historically, Westernizers in Russia have repeatedly gained influence and then lost out, because their overtures to the West were rebuffed on one pretext or another. (The British geopolitical tradition, based on the timeless dictum divide et impera, has traditionally favored policies to keep the continent divided) This merges easily with the Brzezinski doctrine of maintaining separation between Western Europe as a whole and Russia to maintain U.S. global hegemony. Western rejection of Russia naturally favors a rise of the Slavophiles. It also obliges Russia to look to Eurasia rather than Western Europe. This is happening again.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESRIGHT-LEFT STRUGGLERIGHTWING & WACKOSROTTEN ESTABLISHMENT
CAITLIN JOHNSTONE—Now here we are with Trump continuing and expanding the same Orwellian, bloodthirsty, exploitative agendas as his predecessors, advancing a virulent war hawk to Secretary of State while elevating an actual torturer to CIA Director, and we’re all too fragmented and afraid of each other to unite against it. All objections to establishment horrors receive a fraction of their possible visibility because the left thinks the right are Nazis and the right are sick and tired of being called fucking Nazis by the left.
- AMERICAN BRAINWASHAMERICAN DUPLICITYAMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISMAMERICAN PARTY DUOPOLYAMERICAN PROPAGANDAAMERICAN STUDIESAMERICAN WAY OF LIFEANTI-IMPERIALISM FIGHTERSANTI-MILITARISM & PACIFISTREVOLUTIONRIGHTWING & WACKOSROTTEN CULTUREROTTEN GOVERNMENTS
ADRIAN KUZMINSKI—These disruptions were not to be tolerated. Wealthy establishment leaders put their heads together and launched a top-down counter-revolution. They funded think-tanks, conservative media, and right wing politicians–most of whom preached a libertarian politics derived from Friedrich Hayek and Ayn Rand. The catchword was “freedom” and the idea was to remove all impediments to making or sharing money. Crucial to their success was the co-optation of the Democratic party leadership.